• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Introduction:

Hello, as some of you may know, I'm a regular on the IRC chan, and I go by the name Shuudoushi (Shuu for short).

For sometime now, I've been steadily building something of an OS, SecureOS (SOS for short). But haven't wanted to put it up here as I'm not really happy with it as it sits, but I don't think I'll ever really be happy with it, so here it is!

Goal:

The main goal of SOS was to provide better security for OpenOS through a program suite of sorts, but has steadily evolved into it's own little beast. Now the goal is to provide better security and a more unix like feel (well... mostly just a unix like feel, the upgraded security is just a nice side effect) without throwing off new users or users that are already really used to OpenOS.

Features:

-Mostly working permissions system through an 'is root' salutation and a file blacklist, not the best way of getting the job done, but it works.

-Software based sha256 password hashing, no need for the data card for secure passwords.

-Multi-user login system.

-Independent update system from OpenSecurity (the add-on that SOS is shipped with).

-Other misc things that I can't think of off the top of my head...

How to get it/help out:

The project is on my Github, any bugs found should also be filed there please.

The repo is also split into two branches, a release branch and a dev branch (stuff on the dev branch is almost always broken, just a heads up :P).

You can now run "pastebin run 20EcMQ7C" to get SecureOS on a computer that already has OpenOS installed.

Also, please note that some files would appear to be missing. They're not, just aliased to programs I've made to replace said other programs.

Also please note, that some files would appear to be missing, their not, just aliased to program I've made to replace though other programs.

Correction: Also, please note that some files would appear to be missing. They're not, just aliased to programs I've made to replace through other programs.

Github? 

Try using pastebin... you can download it faster without touching save games. ;)  

Syntax: pastebin get (Code) (Filename)

pastebin run (Code)

pastebin put (Filename)

Look it up.

I hope the thing about pastebin was a joke... The OS has two methods of install, using 'wget' to download the installer to the root of the drive from the github repo and running it, or by installing from floppy if you have OpenSecurity installed, in which case you just have to run the built in 'install'.

I hope the thing about pastebin was a joke... The OS has two methods of install, using 'wget' to download the installer to the root of the drive from the github repo and running it, or by installing from floppy if you have OpenSecurity installed, in which case you just have to run the built in 'install'.

The pastebin command is not a joke, it's a working command of course you need the internet card and so on. You must really dislike Pastebin.

The pastebin command is not a joke, it's a working command of course you need the internet card and so on. You must really dislike Pastebin.

I know the pastebin command is a thing. But SecureOS is more than just one file. I don't dislike pastebin, the project just contains too many files to be placed on pastebin.

I'll throw the installer onto pastebin though.

The isntaller doesn't work, I tried it the first time and it errored with "unexpected symbol near 'in'" so I looked into it and you tried to use in as a variable name so I fixed that then it errored module "auth" not found after I entered my username and password I don't feel like fixing your program so I just gave up at this point