• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Steve505

Close one program and start another one

Question

Hey there!

I'm doing for our server something like an information terminal. The problem is, that there are several terminals at different places. Each has access to a Raid, where are all information stored. When I want to display an information from Raid, the program where I was before keeps running (on the background, I suppose). Is there a way to just switch to other program and the old one kill?

Thanks!

Steve505

3 answers to this question

Programs usually won't just switch to background. 
You can try to kill it with CTRL+ALT+C .... this should throw an error and kill the program

If you say that it keeps running in the background, how did you find that out? Just asking because it might be some other issue.

Oh that can also happen, if somewhere the error, generated from os.sleep() or event.pull(), gets catched. In this case the program won't stop, at least not with the first try. Timers and Coroutines / Threads might also survive the Interrupt. To handle that you should check for the "interrupted" event (Fired by pressing Ctrl+C) and stop everything correctly.