• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
MeltingBrain

A server to play

I remember an old, but great server Shinexus that was out there long ago...
There was always around 1 or 2 players online at least and at the night time there was around 10 players. The community was great, there were i think 2 cities and we could make things in thaumcraft, make stargates controlled by CC and server towers with OC.
I was one of the richest on the server and had a decent influence on one of the cities, cause i did something similar to the internet:
a central tower with OC server racks filled with servers hosting websites for anybody that wanted to rent one, all connected to one central DNS server,
everyone using wireless cards could connect to the DNS and find a certain website he would like to see.

I'm working on a new version of that network from scratch, if there's somebody interested and knows/owns a good, calm OC server pm me or post in this thread.

On 21.11.2016 at 4:22 PM, Gorzoid said:

Check out CC forums, sadly even though alot of them use OpenComputers, they don't post their server on this forum too, while your at it, you may want to ask the owner if they can post it over here too.

Yeah i know, a lot of people don't even update their servers there (OC forums seems desertic).
I've checked some CC servers but most are i would say CC-oriented, way too high ping, no OC at all or way too much people on it.

You mentioned Shinexusuk which is why I had to make an account to say this: So what happened was Shine turned into "Nexcore" which it was run as for a while and recently, yesterday the 23rd, Nexcore got shut down since no one played on it and Dannysmc95 (the owner) said it used too many resources on his dedicated server, but recently we've made Project </Beta> it has a small amount of mods not quite as active as Shine and most of the players are more CC oriented (like me). Sorry to advertise and to link to ccforums but I just wanted you to know what happened and for you to find a good server.