• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Arminius

Shift-right-click to wipe floppy disks is asking for trouble

Hi, I've made a bit of an observation:

Control schema 1: Shift-right-click with a floppy disk onto a disk drive to insert the floppy into the drive.

Control schema 2: Shift-right-click with a floppy disk onto anything but a disk drive to wipe all data from the floppy.

Do you see the same issue I'm seeing?

Thankfully, I haven't run into any problems with this yet myself, but that's because I've been very cautious ever since I noticed this. Someone less cautious than me is bound to have a bad time because of this control scheme.

My suggestion would be to change the wiping control so that putting a floppy disk by itself into a crafting grid wipes its data instead of a shift-right-click. Unless you guys are evil and this kind of madness is exactly what you want.

Control schema 1: Shift-right-click with a floppy disk onto a disk drive to insert the floppy into the drive.

I didn't know that was even possible :P Probably a good thing now that you mention it.

My suggestion would be to change the wiping control so that putting a floppy disk by itself into a crafting grid wipes its data instead of a shift-right-click.

Full support.

Unless you guys are evil and this kind of madness is exactly what you want.

"Removing a disk wipes the raid."

The right-click formatting was originally more for testing, and chosen because I was kinda used to it from AE :P

Now with the disk drive I agree it can be... problematic. I like the craft-to-format idea, I'll see if I can change it to that.