• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Saddamo

OpenComputers and old times

Hi everyone,

I just started with OC week ago, I didnt even know something that pure awesome exists. I did some noob stuff with ComputerCraft, but OC is just pure awesome compressed gold, maybe platinum or something more expensive :-D

I remember the time, when I had my first computer Amiga 500, then I had Amiga 1200, then I bought Hdd for Amiga 1200, haha

Not sure if anybody here knows this computers. I think Amiga 500 had 7Mhz in that time and with extended memory 1MB ram, yes unbelievable one megabyte of reeal ram :-D

I am not a programmer, I was doing some stuff at school in Q basic, then Turbo Pascal and that was all, but definetly falling in love with OpenComputers.

Fingers crossed with this great mod, you have gained one fan forever!

Ps: I still have my Amiga 1200 with 600MB Hdd and yes, it is still working flawlessly. Can you imagine 20 years old computer and still working?  

And I thought my Windows 95 laptop with a whole gigabyte of hard drive space was funny nowadays. That thing became unusable a few years ago though due to a lack of usable floppy or CD drive. Its Win95 soul has since passed on into my VirtualBox, where it runs at a 1600*1200 True Color resolution that it could only dream of before. ;)

There was also that one Macintosh running Mac OS whatever version, which got the computer mutation of Alzheimer's disease. It kept forgetting that its screen actually supported colors. And sixteen of them even. But hey, at least it could run Pac-Man. Oh how fun that was to play with the arrow keys all located on the same keyboard row in the most counterintuitive order possible. (Seriously who thought that was a good design choice?)