• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
sirdabalot

EEPROM requires and Microcontrollers [Solved]

Question

Feeling pretty thick for posting this but here goes...

So I've decided to add a micro-controller to my world, after a while playing around I've figured out how to use components with them, but I have absolutely no idea ( even with an extensive wiki search ) how to get the events API working with them, of course my initial thought was to try and require it in but that obviously doesn't work because of the whole lack of openOS thing, what can I do? Are micro-controllers supposed to be so basic that you can't use events, or am I being a total sock-witt?

Any help would be much appreciated. xD

EDIT: Obviously the search wasn't extensive enough, found all the answers in funnily enough the writing a custom OS wiki page.

For anyone stuck in the same boat as me: http://ocdoc.cil.li/tutorial:custom_oses

3 answers to this question

Programming an EEPROM is technically writing an OS, because there is nothing else on the microcontroller itself that could have an OS. But yes, as the page says, many of the high-level libraries are not available outside of OpenOS and you'll need to use their lower-level counterparts.

The wiki search is terrible btw. A search for "microcontroller" returned no results, and "computer" gave me only a few hits on the home page. No matter how extensive your wiki searches are, you won't be finding anything with the search function.