• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
FChapeau

Adapted blocks API documentation

Question

So, I've been messing around with OC (love it BTW) and I started coding stuff. I immediately hit the question: but what can I do. The official doc is good for all things OC (though a little thin sometimes) but as soon as I want to use something other than an OC block, then there is no documentation.

For instance, I wanted to use an adapter to interact with a Thermal Expansion Tesseract. I had to fiddle around for about an hour to figure out what all the methods of a tesseract are. But even if I know what the methods are, I have no documentation (like what are it's arguments and what is it's return value) and I would have to fiddle some more again to get the documentation.

The question is: is it possible to edit the wiki to add lua documentation about OC methods for third party blocks? Can I add documentation about the Tesseract's API to the wiki or does it belong somewhere else?

1 answer to this question

Yeah, documentation on integration with other mods is pretty much ingame only (via `# components -l componentName` or `lua> =component.componentName.methodName`), because, well. I can't even manage to keep the built-in components' documentation up-to-date all the time :P

It'd be great if you'd like to add that to the wiki! It's open for registration. As for where to add it, I'd suggest putting the pages into the `component` namespace, i.e. where the built-in ones are, too, but give them an extra "category" in the table of contents. Thanks in advance!