• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jasems

Help with tables. Using adapter block and essential jars

Question

Ok, several people helped me get much further than I have been able to, but now I am brain fried and wanted to get my days worth of goofing around thoughts on paper to solicit ideas/help.

in order to access the jars via Thaumcraft, 1. you need Thaumcraft Tinkerer installed, it adds these commands we will be using next.

I have 5 jars per adapter block, and am up to 34 jars (using server rack).  I started out by manually naming each jar i.e.

type components:

gets a component name like 3901b290-e50b-4958-b0b2-ea2c87ac6025   blockJar_0

then:

jar1 = component.proxy(component.get("390")

-- I abandoned that idea with some chatter on forums about doing this:

local jars = {} 

for k,v in component.list("blockjar") do table.insert(jars, component.proxy(k)) end

for k,v in pairs(jars) do print(v.getEssentiaType(0), v.getEssentiaAmount(0)) end

Ok now that works, it prints the name of the essentia from the jar and the amount in the jar to the right of it.  I have tried changing it up w/some term.sort command stuff, but all those examples use first and 2nd letters (I am only dealing w/2nd letter only, the v).

I think I just need a push in the right direction just a small example, I keep reading over the OC forums and reading through the table section on lua 5.2.  Sample that will either make the essentiaAmount## always be same distance from first essentiaType no matter the letter, and/or maybe show me how to keep start a new line instead of it just continually scrolling.  Part of the problem w/doing it this way is I can't access things individually (or can I??) otherwise i could just manually space out those words lol... Ok bedtime, sorry for the novel, thanks thanks again for the fellows on irc.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet