• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
FredMSloniker

Could we add power costs to wiki pages?

I don't see anywhere on the wiki where it says how much power it actually takes to power a computer. I know that screens take more power the more of their pixels are on, but I don't know what the minimum and maximum power drains are, and I don't know anything at all about what other components' costs (or actions' costs, for robots) are. Now, my current power system is massively over-engineered, but it'd be nice to be able to do some adding up and know ahead of time how much power I need in reserve when I'm getting started on a new world; in a situation where the number is likely to vary a lot, knowing the maximum would be sufficient.

If someone wants to calculate the worst-case costs to put those on the wiki, have a look at the config as a resource, all the running costs are configurable after all. I'm afraid I currently don't have the time to do that (and more importantly verify the numbers :P).