• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sangar

OpenComputers 1.3.0

Here it is, finally, this is OC 1.3!

As always, remember to make a backup of your world before updating. This is particularly true when updating from OC 1.2! Everything should carry over without breaking, no blocks or items should disappear. However, all running computers will stop, and will now need an OpenOS floppy to start (or hard drive with OpenOS installed on it; run the `install` program from the floppy). Robots will automatically converted to the new "format" to be equivalent in functionality to how they were before.

The wiki on Github is still a bit behind, in particular regarding API documentation. We're currently working on moving the documentation to another wiki that will allow for more customized formatting, and hopefully better ease-of-use. Once all articles have been migrated and updated, I will link to it on the Github wiki.

@Modders: if you're using OC's API and haven't done so already, I'd like to encourage you again to update to the new API. The breaking changes are documented and explained in the wiki, including how to adjust to them.

@Players: if you run into API compatibility issues (ClassNotFound, NoSuchMethod or NoSuchField exceptions), it should generally be safe to remove the `li/cil` folder from the conflicting mods' ZIP/JAR (don't remove it from the OC JAR!). Please feel free to come by the IRC to get assistance or report incompatibilities so the message can be passed on :-)

Download for MC1.6.4

Download for MC1.7.2

Download for MC1.7.10

Note: if bugs pop up (well... when bugs pop up) I will patch them in 1.7.2. The next version (OC 1.3.1) will not be built for 1.7.2 anymore, though, only for 1.6 and 1.7.10.