• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
ahhhcrap

I got so bored I made an IME (with a very basic text editor that doesn't even save and load)

I don't even know why I made this. Maybe I made this as a proof of concept. I genuinely have no idea.

This input method can type kana characters (hiragana and katakana to be precise) (It could theoretically be modified for anything. However, I do not have a selection GUI yet, so that might somehow limit your options) now.

It has a delete function, a moving-the-cursor-left-and-right feature, and a new line function, as well as a function that allows switching to english.

If there is enough demand, I might:

1. Turn this into a full-fledged text editor

2. Add a selection GUI

3. Make it so that more input methods can coexist

4. Make it so that the lists can be loaded from external sources

5. Make a nice GUI for it

However I don't think anyone here needs an input method except me, so...

(No I'm not even going to try to deal with kanji in the Japanese input method. I might make a Chinese one later (Cangjie/Quick to be precise since these 2 have 1 input sequence to 1 or more characters and not thousands of input sequences to thousands of characters (I'm looking at you Japanese)). However, since (understandably) font support isn't there yet I'll probably make that at a later date.

Link:
http://pastebin.com/HcxaQk3Z

It has an usage guide inside it. If you still have any questions, feel free to leave me one.

(I don't even want to post screenshots, this is literally a terminal with a bit of Japanese)