• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Ch1ck3nL1v3r

EEPROM auto-flashing odd behavior

Question

Hi! I created a script that flashes a BIOS onto an EEPROM, and then pulses redstone to make tubes (from Tubes+) suck the EEPROM out of the PC and into a chest. Oddly the EEPROM only keeps its data if you have the computer inventory open while the tubes suck it out of the computer. I added eeprom.get() to my script, and it returns the full script that I flashed to the EEPROM, but it is blanked when it is extracted, unless a player is looking in the computer. I am not sure what is causing the problem, or if there is a way around it. Please save me internet!

My opencomputers version is MC1.7.10-1.5.22.46 if that helps

5 answers to this question

Hello! Quick update, I have replicated the issue using OpenComputers transposers instead of tubes, to ensure that they are not the problem. It seems that unless a player looks in the computer the EEPROM remains blank. This is very odd, is there any way to get an EEPROM factory working?

Hi! All my program does is launch the default flash command, which works fine unless the EEPROM is then removed automatically using pipes or transposers.

Unfortunately since asking this question our servers world was deleted =[, so I don't have the actual code anymore. It would still be cool to find out how to automate EEPROM production though.

Thanks for responding!