• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Mixxs01

OPPM installing error (module "internet" not found)

Question

I'm using the OpenComputers-MC1.7.10-1.6.0.6-beta.4-universal, and i'm having problems installing the OPPM in my computer,

I have this on my Tier 3 Computer: oM4Bsyg.png

And the HardDrive only have the OpenOS installed, and i'm having that error when i try to do oppm install oppm or any oppm command:

qi2Krb8.pngI'm using the mod on SinglePlayer / LAN, tried using that command on another world but the same thing happened.

(If there is something wrong with my English, sorry, Isn't my first language.)

1 answer to this question

The problem is that all programs that previously were on magic component filesystems (e.g., pastebin, wget) got moved to loot disks. So you need to craft any loot disk (e.g., openos or oppm) with a scrench to get another one, and cycle through them until you get a floppy you need. Then you simply type install, and install program(s) on floppy disk.

Another option you may consider is updating your OC to the very latest version, which can be found here. In one of those builds internet-related programs were moved to OpenOS. You will only need to reinstall OS (the installer will only copy the OS's files and won't do anything with yours), which is done the same as installing it (don't forget to update the openos floppy, i.e., cycle through all loot disks, if you choose this option).