• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

Scrolling support, eh? maybe :P Sounds easy, right? Fricking hard to actually do.

If your turbines run straight into "error" mode then you have more turbine blades for your coil. BRGC assumes that if your turbine has enough blades to support X mB/t then your coil does too.

EDIT:

That being said - if that's not the case and everything SHOULD work but its not then its a bug

Welp - your setup is a lot bigger than my test setup then xD

I'll look into it. My guess is that they run into an error while they're being spun up to optimal rpm?

I'll try to free up some time to build a new setup and debug the issue. Also... maybe scrollbar :P

I have 3 reactors. and i cannot get it to work properly with them.  The calibrating status just seems to last forever.  The whole time the program just keeps lowering the output of my reactors so my base all but shuts down. how long is the calibrating faze supposed to last?

When I tried to update my test instance I noticed that no new version of OC has been uploaded to curseforge yet.

That means that the timer bug is still a thing in your OpenOS installations

So the "fix" is to downgrade OC (and reinstall OpenOS afterwards) or do the thing at the bottom of my post here 

That would explain why @ZeroNoRyouki runs into issues as well as all of your "calibration stuck" issues.

I'm sorry but that is something I can't fix.

OK so, I've edited the file and rebooted the server. Now the computer screen update itself like it used to do and all the linked turbines (24 of 32) were calibrated correctly with the exception of 3 of them. One if spinning up and down on a target speed of 750 RPM (it reach the "stable" state around 720~ RPM, and then rise again to around 760~ RPM and then goes in fast spindown until it become stable again) and two that are still in kickoff state with a target speed of 750 RPM but with the flow rate set the 0 mB/t. All 3 turbines have more than 2000 mB of steam in their internal tank

Edit: the grid is in "charge" mode right now

Hi, I don't know if this is still active or not, but your program doesn't seem to work with my reactor. It connects after executing rc brgc_reactor start but thats all... it says "calibrating" but isn't doing anything even tho its connected to my turbine at full speed. I've tried every possible solution here but none of them worked...

On 5/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, XyFreak said:

When I tried to update my test instance I noticed that no new version of OC has been uploaded to curseforge yet.

So the "fix" is to downgrade OC (and reinstall OpenOS afterwards) or do the thing at the bottom of my post here 

That would explain why @ZeroNoRyouki runs into issues as well as all of your "calibration stuck" issues.

Would this explain why I'm running into "ERROR" as it calibrates my reactor/turbines?  I have a similar setup to  ZeroNoRyouki.

Im using Extreme Reactors 0.4.5.49, and Open Computers 1.7.4.153.  

Is there any temporary fix to handle this?  Downgrade? Modify something? anything?

On 5/15/2019 at 11:46 AM, XyFreak said:

Hello - sorry I don't have 1.7.5 out yet. That should be soon. In the meantime, rather than downgrading OC, I would recommend you just patch openos manually on each machine (tedious, sorry)

(with an internet card, do this from your OC machine on the command line)

wget -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/master-MC1.12/src/main/resources/assets/opencomputers/loot/openos/lib/event.lua -O /lib/event.lua
reboot

On 6/10/2019 at 9:28 PM, payonel said:

Hello - sorry I don't have 1.7.5 out yet. That should be soon. In the meantime, rather than downgrading OC, I would recommend you just patch openos manually on each machine (tedious, sorry)

wget -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/master-MC1.12/src/main/resources/assets/opencomputers/loot/openos/lib/event.lua -O /lib/event.lua
reboot

We want to control our reactor from a remote location. Our reactor is hundreds of blocks away from our base and attempting to connect it to our base results with the reactor appearing for a few seconds then disconnecting. Is it possible to connect it over large distances?

On 6/10/2019 at 4:28 PM, payonel said:

reboot

Hi, I do this and reboot, and it does not fix the issue. Nothing different occurs. 

On 6/10/2019 at 4:28 PM, payonel said:

reboot

20 hours ago, Alk said:

Hi, I do this and reboot, and it does not fix the issue. Nothing different occurs. 

So I ended up manually editing event.lua with the fix that was linked above. Now it calibrates. Doing the wget and replacing event.lua did not work. The bug was still present in the downloaded version of event.lua.

Now everything is working exactly as it should.

Does the program work with Draconic Evolution?
I have a setup where the power from the turbine is being sent to a Draconic core and the program can't seem to read the amount it has or can store. It might be that I have an incorrect setup, but I haven't found any tutorials online how to properly connect a Draconic core with Opencomputers.

Here's a mockup how my current setup is:
https://imgur.com/a/Jgxkaup

Edit: already solved it, it seems I just had to wait untill it has finished calibrating.

So I'm having an interesting issue.  Everything works perfectly with your program at 11 turbines hooked to 1 reactor, but the moment I add the 12th BRGC insists on running the reactor with a lower output than needed to keep all the turbines up to speed (about 1.1 B/t shy, yes in charge mode).  I've manually set my reactor successfully to output the needed 24.  I can shut off BRGC and manual change insertion to run all the turbines fine.  Power output is being dumped into a tier 8 draconic core.  Turbines are all hooked via Mekanism's ultimate mechanical pipes in series on one long pipe for steam, another for water.  Previously I was using Thermal Dynamic's super-laminar fluiducts and switched out in testing.  Same result.  The turbines are set to "vent excess".  There's a sink hooked to the reactor to add water to the system as needed, but the supply properly maintains volume even without it.  I have most of my turbines in large Compact Machines, but I'm going to go ahead and rule those out as a factor since it wasn't an issue before adding this last turbine.

I'm playing on Enigmatica 2 1.69b (non-expert, non-skyblock).  It's a small dedicated server.  I'm host.

My reactor

Turbines are typical 80 blade, 32 Ludicrite.

Running the current version of OpenComputers with this update script run on a fresh OpenOS install to avoid the broken timer issue.

Screen and Reactor GUI...

Edit: After finishing the build I was going for I'm at 16 turbines.  The script seems to think this means 27.7 B/t.  So thanks to the ultimate mechanical pipes doing an even distribution on all turbines they're evening out to all be equally underpowered at around ~20 KiRF/t.