• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

I'm a bit confused, here's what I did. I built my reactor, connected it to my power network, added a computer port and connected it to my computer. I installed the thing but the reactor wasn't showing up but after manually turning the reactor on and off and restarting the computer it finally popped up. I set the mode to auto and clicked on the button to turn it on. It immediately starts filling up the reactor but it doesn't turn it off when it goes over 90% as it's supposed to. I also don't understand what the green bar on the left is supposed to be and why it seems to be always fully green or empty.

Hi, I am having some trouble setting up brgc on my server.

The setup is as follows:

(Reactor filling up)

running_reactor.thumb.jpg.2fb6ca78852021069c0bb54658bcdb56.jpg

(Reactor Full)

full_reactor.thumb.jpg.36ca326f4bc226f507ee23968577dda2.jpg

The reactor is passive and uses this design: http://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-design?length=5&width=5&height=5&activelyCooled=false&controlRodInsertion=0&layout=ORXRORXGXRXGXGXRXGXRORXRO

The problem I am facing is that the reactor is not being shut off when it is full. It was calibrated with an empty storage cell attached, so the reactor never built up any internal storage during calibration.

Maybe I am missing something obvious / doing something wrong?

Thanks.

@Bjoerniboii SUSPENDED means the controller (you're running GRID mode, right?) decided that your turbine does not need to be run. Most likely because there's a net gain of energy in your energy storage (INCREASING CHARGE) or because your turbine would charge your energy storage in DECREASING CHARGE mode.

EDIT: It may also be the case that your turbines internal energy storage is saturated

That depends on (a) your current energy demand and (b) the mode the grid controller is running in at that moment. Since you're >50% the grid controller propably started in DECREASING CHARGE mode, meaning it'll drain your storage until it reaches 20% and then charge it up to 95%, then drain it to 20% again etc etc...

If you connect multiple turbines it'll try to minimize the energy drainage / charging rate to keep your setup running more efficiently. Ofc if your energy demand raises above what you can actually produce, everything will kick on to maximize the remaining uptime of your grid.

Hi, I'm having trouble regulating the extreme reactor and draconic core. The program reads both of these but it doesn't turn on/off the reactor, even at 100% full. It's only functioning as a display of rf.

Edit: Is this mod not compatible with compact machines  3? I have the cable going inside the extreme reactor port in compact machines.

Edit 2: Looks like I needed to shift + right click the gpu someone mentioned earlier. Something with compact machines.

11 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

@cookieman768 Sounds like you changed the reactor layout after connecting the computer port. I suggest either removing the configuration file (and restarting) or breaking and replacing the port.

@XyFreak that's what the problem was. I just reinstalled the script on a new drive and it worked perfectly. Keep up the good work!

Hi there, I'm attempting to use your program and I'm running into an issue with downloading the control file. I have done the wget step but when I run the installer I get an error. See attached screenshot for the output. Running OC 1.7.2.67 and ER 0.4.5.49, let me know if you need any other information.image.png.b339c24ca1ff20ab10856c8c5181f613.png

Hi, I'm pretty end game, yet still very new to OpenComputers, I have a couple large passive reactors that I wanted to control after using your Draconic Control in creative successfully. 

My issue is I can't seem to get it launched. I'm playing skyfactory 3 (3.0.15), I used the wget to download, with no issues. I launch the installer from / home# and it completes to 100% and states it's done, no errors or lag. But I when I start services I get all errors, same with the gui. I've tried one service at a time, all of them, all off  then back on, so on and so forth.

I'm testing in creative with a small 8 rod reactor, far from my Draconic test reactor (thanks for the sample settings and tweaking tips), I'm using the creative case loaded with ties 3 items, 3.5 for the ram, in survival I'm using all tier 3 including ram. I have 2 current OC setups running a simple reactor program for each with no issues, so I'm pretty sure my hardware, setups, cables are right. 

I'm sure it's me, but after reading a ton of posts and your responses here I'm at a loss. 

Thanks in advance

2018-08-29_04.00.37.png

Or you can wait for one or two days and I'll release the version that no longer requires you to do that ;)

EDIT:

Yes the version is pretty much finished but I got sick (as in ill) and never got around to release it - I originally wanted to release it last sunday..well...

Hello,

I've used this mod in the past with no problems at all, but for some reason on my new game my reactor keeps switching to "error" 

It won't calibrate or move out of error. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I've spent hours troubleshooting and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I swear I'm doing the exact process that I did before.

Are certain blocks not allowed in the reactor? 

Anything specific about my reactor that could be an issue?

If you need logs or something let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Version Info:

Minecraft 1.12.2

Mod Pack - Direwolf20 2.2.0

OpenComputers - 1.7.2.67

ExtremeReactors - 0.4.5.49

BRGC - Latest

2018-09-14_19_25_22.thumb.jpg.e198694e33c18a756cf8cc39d4565907.jpg

Big Reactors Grid Control Version 4.3.2 has been released!

Changelog:

- Removed dependency on OpenOS "threads" library. This means BRGC should world with OpenOS 1.6 again.
 - Implemented workaround for a bug with OpenComputers and Extreme Reactors when using Lua 5.3.
 - Fixed a bug that would sometimes flash an error message when done calibrating multiple reactors at once.

... Sorry it took me so long... erm.. I have no excuses for delaying this until now!

@Luke Brehm Can you try upgrading? I'm guessing you're running into a bug I implemented a workaround for (changelog #2). If that DOES work for you I suggest setting your CPU to Lua 5.2 mode regardless as BRGC will fall back to the old ER API if it detects issues with that. The new API is far more efficient tho... :/

I hope the removal of the "threads" library dependency makes some of you happy :P