• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

On 7/4/2018 at 11:21 PM, XyFreak said:

1 -> The reason the program has issues with your turbines is that it assumes that it has exactly the correct amount of blades. The formular is pretty simple: total steam = #blades * 25mb/t. Since Your turbine has 72 blades that results in a total of 1800 mb/t, which is too much for your setup and your turbines will go overspeed.

3 -> 350 should be more than fine... if it was over 700 i knew where the problem is but that... seems odd. Something propably went wrong with the calibration. My guess right now would be that it can't output enough steam and thus the program can't collect enough samples to approximate the reactors behaviour. The red load bar supports that thought.
Can you post a construction plan of the reactor so I can have a look at it myself ( http://br.sidoh.org )?

The entire program is supposed to be fully automated without any/a lot additional user interaction. To make this work, a lot of flexibility had to be sacrificed.

Regarding the multimonitor issues. The GUI is designed to only run on one monitor, yes. If you have multiple screens / GPUs installed, it'll bind one of the secondary monitors to any of the secondary GPUs and display the program on there, freeing up the main screen. I've never had it complain about a GPU not being present tho o_O.

Running it more than one time is going to give you trouble for sure. I should propably look into preventing it to even try...

EDIT:

About the calibration issue - looking at the current output %, your reactor should've been able to output enough steam to your turbines. Can you speed down the turbines and remove the config file, then reboot the computer? That'll redo everything... if it still fails then .. uh... i need to test the reactor in my own world and plot some curves to figure out what's going on.

1 -> I'm aware that my turbines are not optimal but I've put that number of blades on there along with my stator material for cosmetic reasons.

2 -> Reactor layout is attached. It's an extremely old design so please don't laugh! It has been running since April 2015 so is tried and tested, however inefficient it is.

3 -> As I've said previously, I know the reactor design can output enough steam to my turbines - I've been running them on a previous (ComputerCraft) legacy program for over 3 years. If I remove the config file, it'll wipe the forced turbine RPM and steam inputs, and therefore I'll be back to square one, as the mod isn't able to calibrate with the turbine design I have.

With regards to the monitors - I expected that may be the case. I may have to run multiple instances on different systems for each monitor then.

Cheers

reactordesign.png

@Chrisszzyy

Thanks, I just built your reactor in my test world and it worked flawlessy.

Here's what I think happened: You kicked off everything at once, as you should be able to. This caused the turbines to speed up and the reactor to start calibrating at the same time. Then your turbines went overspeed and got shut down, suddenly causing the reactor to overproduce steam causing calibration to terminate. During the last phase something went wrong when calculating the output curve. I can only suggest you rerun the reactor calibration, assuring the turbines won't suddenly fail.

Can you post your br_control.cfg as well? The generated config should look similar to what I here so we can test whether or not my theory is plausible.

["d69713ac-bbb2-4ed1-bda5-6e2b11017210"] = {
                    outputOpt = 0.21747975557943,
                  rodLevelMin = 0,
            outputReversePoly = {coefs={0,0.00015333991938894}},
                   outputPoly = {coefs={0,6521.4590172277}},
        }

On 7/9/2018 at 7:13 AM, XyFreak said:

@Moobien

You have to let the reactor cool down first. You can easily do that by having it pump out steam (e.g. into your turbine). Also make sure you have enough water.

did that, also reduced its size, reinstalled on a clean disk again and still instant "Error"

16 hours ago, XyFreak said:

@Chrisszzyy

Thanks, I just built your reactor in my test world and it worked flawlessy.

Here's what I think happened: You kicked off everything at once, as you should be able to. This caused the turbines to speed up and the reactor to start calibrating at the same time. Then your turbines went overspeed and got shut down, suddenly causing the reactor to overproduce steam causing calibration to terminate. During the last phase something went wrong when calculating the output curve. I can only suggest you rerun the reactor calibration, assuring the turbines won't suddenly fail.

Can you post your br_control.cfg as well? The generated config should look similar to what I here so we can test whether or not my theory is plausible.

["d69713ac-bbb2-4ed1-bda5-6e2b11017210"] = {
                    outputOpt = 0.21747975557943,
                  rodLevelMin = 0,
            outputReversePoly = {coefs={0,0.00015333991938894}},
                   outputPoly = {coefs={0,6521.4590172277}},
        }

Thanks for spending the time in testing the reactor setup.

I have previously re-run the calibration on just the reactor as I mentioned in the post on Wednesday at 11:07pm, but I don't think I made the fact prominent - Sorry! This didn't resolve the issue and the calibration finished as I'd expect (Tested to the max)

br_control.cfg is below:

["fd004851-7cd3-4a5b-941a-92b755887fe6"] = {
                     outputPoly = {coefs={0,9453.6888854358}},
                PWMLevelOffline = 0.8,
                       disabled = false,
              outputReversePoly = {coefs={0,0.00010577881418761}},
                 PWMLevelOnline = 0.15,
                    rodLevelMin = 0,
                      outputOpt = 0.01,
            regulationBehaviour = "grid",
        },

Cheers,

Chris

@Chrisszzyy sorry for not noticing the part where you statet you already recalibrated. I guess I was too focused at thinking what MIGHT help and not double checking.

I noticed that your output poly has a max of 9453 mB/t while the reactor I built from your image has 6521 mB/t . Also the calculated optimum is set to 0.01 (wrong) while it has a proper value for me.

Is there a server I can reproduce your issues directly on?

I'm a bit at a loss here but I also noticed something else with extreme reactors yesterday:

@ZeroNoRyouki I'll ping you as well since you might want to know what's going on here.

When I first start up my minecraft and load a single player world for the first time, the APIs related to querying the hot fluid state are broken. Both the old and the new ones. The reactor I built from @Chrisszzyys description has a steam tank holding 31400 mB. While this is reported correctly, the current amount of hot fluid is not. The API maxes out at 6250ish mB for that reactor. I'm not 100% sure of whether it just caps out or actually scales but it might do both. The APIs behave normally as soon as I reload the world.

Restarting minecraft causes this issue to appear again. All active reactors are affected. Even newly built ones.

If this also happens on a server then this might already be the issue (since you can't reload the world without restarting the server - in which case the issue comes up again).

The ER version I use is 0.4.5.49 and zerocore 0.1.2.2

The issue CAN be confirmed using BRGC as well as it will display the hot fluid tank as not full when it is - in fact - completely full.

@Moobien please excuse me if i ask stupid questions or anything. Your reactor looks fine (size wise) so I'm wondering if there might be an issue with fluid transfer. The reactor is definitely hitting a ceiling before it even gets a chance to take its first measurment - it wouldn't error out otherwise.

2 hours ago, XyFreak said:

@Chrisszzyy sorry for not noticing the part where you statet you already recalibrated. I guess I was too focused at thinking what MIGHT help and not double checking.

I noticed that your output poly has a max of 9453 mB/t while the reactor I built from your image has 6521 mB/t . Also the calculated optimum is set to 0.01 (wrong) while it has a proper value for me.

Is there a server I can reproduce your issues directly on?

I'm a bit at a loss here but I also noticed something else with extreme reactors yesterday:

@ZeroNoRyouki I'll ping you as well since you might want to know what's going on here.

When I first start up my minecraft and load a single player world for the first time, the APIs related to querying the hot fluid state are broken. Both the old and the new ones. The reactor I built from @Chrisszzyys description has a steam tank holding 31400 mB. While this is reported correctly, the current amount of hot fluid is not. The API maxes out at 6250ish mB for that reactor. I'm not 100% sure of whether it just caps out or actually scales but it might do both. The APIs behave normally as soon as I reload the world.

Restarting minecraft causes this issue to appear again. All active reactors are affected. Even newly built ones.

If this also happens on a server then this might already be the issue (since you can't reload the world without restarting the server - in which case the issue comes up again).

The ER version I use is 0.4.5.49 and zerocore 0.1.2.2

The issue CAN be confirmed using BRGC as well as it will display the hot fluid tank as not full when it is - in fact - completely full.

@Moobien please excuse me if i ask stupid questions or anything. Your reactor looks fine (size wise) so I'm wondering if there might be an issue with fluid transfer. The reactor is definitely hitting a ceiling before it even gets a chance to take its first measurment - it wouldn't error out otherwise.

I've made a bit of progress by removing the reactor entry in the config file and re-calibrating, although the reactor still isn't generating enough steam apparently - Turbine 0b9 spooled up whilst 5e5 and 954 were at optimum RPM but once the stator was enabled on 0b9, the RPM started dropping:

image.png.dd8c3e811fe26278af0f3cd4370853c7.png

Thinking about my setup; would a small Railcraft Turbine running off the reactor as-well cause any problem like this? As it's not connected up to the computer system, I wouldn't assume that this would cause any problems? It never has done before with the computercraft system, but obviously this program may calculate the reactor output based on the turbine inputs only. I didn't see this as likely, as shown above the reactor is outputting 5.3mB now whereas the turbines only need 4869mB (3 x 1623)  so its clearly compensating already. Just not quite enough apparently.

The server I use isn't open to the public and isn't really set up to, so I can't really open it up im afraid. I am using Big Reactors, but I take it this won't matter?

No, using Big Reactors or Extreme Reactors doesn't matter. If you use steam for something else this IS gonna be a problem cause the program makes all kinds of assumptions based on how much steam is required by the turbines. It does indeed compensate but that's mostly for error correction not for making up for missing numbers ;)

8 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

No, using Big Reactors or Extreme Reactors doesn't matter. If you use steam for something else this IS gonna be a problem cause the program makes all kinds of assumptions based on how much steam is required by the turbines. It does indeed compensate but that's mostly for error correction not for making up for missing numbers ;)

Ah good. I tried unplugging the other turbine but the RPM still dipped slowly which is weird when the program indicated the reactor was generating 5.3B of steam which is clearly not correct.

I'm a bit confused. Is there a temporary way I can add the steam required for this other turbine somewhere in the reactor code, so it always generates the turbine required steam + the additional steam?

Cheers

I'm sorry if my problem was alerady solved.
I'm playing on server with OpenComputer version 1.6.2.12 (Minecraft Version is 1.7.10) and I have this problem:image.thumb.png.81a650692364878cf92106d78dc22281.png

Version of openos is 1.6.1. I'm trying to update openos from updater (

) but it's failed to update. What me need to do?

@Agster First question: are you playing on a server? if not just download the most recent version of OpenComputers from here: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/opencomputers/files?filter-game-version=2020709689%3A4449. If you are on a server ask the server owner to update it. Then update your computer with the OpenOS installer disk.

Hello XyFreak,  First of all, this program is great, thank you for having worked so much with it. Unfortunately I have a problem with their program in the singelplayer it works perfectly .. but on our server it calibrates the passive reactor just not. Normally it takes a little bit but is finished in a few seconds. and at the controll rods, he also changes nothing he goes directly to 100% and that's it. I do not understand it unfortunately in the singelplayer it runs. Hope you can help me LG

2018-07-16_22.58.33.png

What I've noticed is that if I have a controll rod I can do it if I have more, at brgcctrl service reactor runOnce nothing happens http://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-design?length=5&width=5&height=5&activelyCooled=false&controlRodInsertion=0&layout=6C3X2CXCX2C3X6C

On 7/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, Bjoerniboii said:

Hello XyFreak,  First of all, this program is great, thank you for having worked so much with it. Unfortunately I have a problem with their program in the singelplayer it works perfectly .. but on our server it calibrates the passive reactor just not. Normally it takes a little bit but is finished in a few seconds. and at the controll rods, he also changes nothing he goes directly to 100% and that's it. I do not understand it unfortunately in the singelplayer it runs. Hope you can help me LG

2018-07-16_22.58.33.png

What I've noticed is that if I have a controll rod I can do it if I have more, at brgcctrl service reactor runOnce nothing happens http://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-design?length=5&width=5&height=5&activelyCooled=false&controlRodInsertion=0&layout=6C3X2CXCX2C3X6C

I had an issue similar to this. Change your cpu to Lua 5.2 mode

Yeah there seems to be an issue with Lua 5.3 and linux servers. From what I can tell OpenComputers falls back to LuaJ for 5.3 on linux or something. But that is PURE speculation. When I fix my desktop linux I might do some more testing on that.