• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

Hello I am new to opencomputers so I may be making a dumb mistake somewhere... so far I have my computer built can power on has all required components for installation of Brgc also made sure I had openOS installed on the disk beforehand. The Installationof Brgc goes well and completes, however whenever I try to run the program I get an error(linked below). Any help would be much appreciated!

Pic of Error Message

Hello so i am using your opencomputers api, but am wondering why my turbines are calabrated to stay at 19,7k RF generation when they could be spinning faster and generation more power, since the reactor is not the probelem i dont know what is. I have tried reinstalling the api, and reclabarating. 

Untitled.png

Hi @MarkusPriska

Your turbines propably have more coil blocks in them than they should have. Please double check your turbine design.

As for the freezes, that's most likely a deadlock in extreme reactors. Afaik @ZeroNoRyouki is already looking into it. I don't know if the issues has been fixed. For startest, please try upgrading to the latest version of ER. If you already are on the latest version, then I'm afraid there is no fix just yet :(

So, I know this question may have been asked before somewhere but trying to trawl through 25 pages is a nightmare.

I am trying to run the program on an older version of OC  And due to the thread issue and not being able to update OC due to it being on a server, I have been trying to use the older version tar files. However, after extracting those files I get stuck on how to get the program actually going. Any advice you can give on how to get it working?

For reference, I am using ER 0.4.5.27 an OC 1.6.2.7

8 hours ago, Moobien said:

was just wondering if there is a way to force recalibration for reactors and turbines that have been modified, as an example changing the reactor internals or turbine induction coil materials

Pls check out brgcctrl calibrate

brgcctrl calibrate <address here>

Alternatively you can always remove the configuration file to reset everything.

EDIT:

brgcctrl accepts partial addresses (e.g. the first three letters)

Just now, XyFreak said:

Pls check out brgcctrl calibrate

brgcctrl calibrate <address here>

Alternatively you can always remove the configuration file to reset everything.

EDIT:

brgcctrl accepts partial addresses (e.g. the first three letters)

Thanks man, appreciated.

A suggestion then, perhaps something in the gui to run a recalibration?

@XyFreak I've got a question on your usage of the setControlRodsLevels method. Are you re-using the table you pass in after calling the method?

I'm investigating a crash (https://github.com/ZeroNoRyouki/BigReactors/issues/178) that look like a race condition between a LUA thread (running your code?) and the Server thread running the code of setControlRodsLevels.

On 5/27/2018 at 1:30 AM, Moobien said:

A suggestion then, perhaps something in the gui to run a recalibration?

I'm running out of space there :P

4 minutes ago, ZeroNoRyouki said:

@XyFreak I've got a question on your usage of the setControlRodsLevels method. Are you re-using the table you pass in after calling the method?

I'm investigating a crash (https://github.com/ZeroNoRyouki/BigReactors/issues/178) that look like a race condition between a LUA thread (running your code?) and the Server thread running the code of setControlRodsLevels.

No, every call gets a new table that is created from scratch. The code constructing the table is in reactor_base.lua lines 425 - 467 if you want to take a look at it.

Hi XyFreak!

First of all, thank you for this really good piece of software.

My question: Is there a possibility to cap the "100%" value for the grid capacitor to a lower level? Backround is, I have a massive solar array I want to combine with the reactors/turbines to a main power line. By the moment I inject the solar power to the capacitor bank the brgc is monitoring. The problem is now, that the turbines/reactors try to charge the capacitors during night time to 100%. It would be better when the reactors/turbines charge only to 50% because during daytime i have  overproduction from the solars i dont want to waste (when capacitors are full).

Is there a way to alter the code or is there a possibility to add an configuration value? Or should I simply wire my power grid just in another way?

Thanks forward!

On 6/8/2018 at 3:29 PM, selli69 said:

Hi XyFreak!

First of all, thank you for this really good piece of software.

My question: Is there a possibility to cap the "100%" value for the grid capacitor to a lower level? Backround is, I have a massive solar array I want to combine with the reactors/turbines to a main power line. By the moment I inject the solar power to the capacitor bank the brgc is monitoring. The problem is now, that the turbines/reactors try to charge the capacitors during night time to 100%. It would be better when the reactors/turbines charge only to 50% because during daytime i have  overproduction from the solars i dont want to waste (when capacitors are full).

Is there a way to alter the code or is there a possibility to add an configuration value? Or should I simply wire my power grid just in another way?

Thanks forward!

You're looking for lines 46 and 47 in `/usr/lib/brgc/grid_controller.lua` ;)