• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

@Seiver@SpaceBeeGaming

I've updated the "polynomial" component of BRGC to be more efficient with transponating matrixes. I know this is not going to fix the core issue here but it might help you getting over the issue for now. Can you please run the installer again and check if it's still occuring for you? If not please post me the error message again so I can figure out whether this actually helped a little or not. I need more time for a real/proper fix.

Ok guys I have a working solution in the pipeline... It might break old OpenOS instances though so you better be prepared to upgrade that / reinstall the computer ;)

I'll see if i can squeeze in another smaller bugfix as well so stay tuned - fix should be out either in an hour or tomorrow :P

Big Reactors Grid Control Version 4.2.8 has been released!

Changelog:

- Use threads/coroutines for heavy calculations on calibration data. This'll fix the "too long without yielding" errors.
 - Hopefully fixed an issue where the controller gets confused by the massive internal energy storage of draconic evolutions energy relays.

NOTE: If you see errors regarding the controller not being able to find "thread" you'll have to upgrade your OpenOS!

If you're upgrading, you'll have to re-download the installer because it is now fetching an additional package!

@XyFreak so.... I'm testing a new implementation of the ER computers API and when I run your program GUI my reactor (the only one connected to the computer) shows up as DISCONNECTED. brgcctrl list show one reactor in the CALIBRATING state. I've update BRGC to the last version. I've also update OpenOS, broken and replaced my computer port, etc etc

The major logical change in the API implementation is that all the set/do methods are not executed right away but they exit immediately after scheduling themselves to be executed on the next tick on the server thread while the get ones are still carried away on the LUA thread. So, for example, if you call getActive() right after a setActive(true) you will get false back if the LUA thread was not preempted in favor of the server thread. All this is done to get back in a thread-safe environment without incurring again the "yeld problem"

I've also renamed the getMinimumCoordinate/getMaximumCoordinate methods but grep is telling me your are not using them. 

EDIT: problem found. I forgot that I've renamed getConnected too