• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

No worries about any chunks being unloaded, only my friend and I play on it and I am borrowing the server from a friend. I tried breaking the computer ports on the reactors and turbines, again. I also replaced the computer. The issue still stands its ground.

Sorry I'm kinda lost here - the only thing you can try is putting down a capacitor or something next to a turbine/reactor and connect it with an adapter and see if that shows up. If that also doesn't show up your cable might be cut off somewhere...? I've just updated my test minecraft (1.10.2) to the latest ER version and didn't have any issues with components not being found.

Amazing! It seems like the cables are completely knackered. EnderIO capacitors don't want to be recognised anyway (is it because we don't have computronics?). I guess I'll have to rewire the cables again.
It's odd, though. the computer recognises the components sometimes, furthermore when it seems like the program is about to work the computer crashes or something.

So uh, I moved all the cables, ports and controllers. Doesn't change anything. Are the chunks seen as dead/unexisting by any chance?
When I replaced blocks on one of the turbines after I booted everything back up this screen freezes and the computer turns off.
3f0e14abeb.png

What you described happens if you're connecting more components to the computer than the CPU supports. Assuming you have a T3 CPU in there you should be able to connect 16 components though. If my math is working ( :P ) I only count 6 right there.

A similar issue happened to me when I was using EnderIO OC Conduits. But the problem was only triggered when the server restarted. You can craft an analyzer and shift-right-click the computer case with it to see what's up.

Yeah looks perfectly fine to me as well. Another problem might be RAM but.... I'll just assume you've got 2x T3.5 in there ;)

Maybe - just maybe - try disconnecting all reactors/turbines and connect them one by one and see what's happening? Maybe there's a specific turbine that causes the issue.

So I've been going around and testing each one by itself, only knowledge gained is that the components are labelled "DISCONNECTED" as soon as I fly over to them and personally come in contact with the machines. Tempering with the passively cooled reactor makes the computer crash (it might be whenever I reset any turbine or reactor), the analyzer shows no errors, though. I've restarted the server, unloaded the chunks and other things affecting the chunks, still no difference.

I'm at more loss than I was before posting the first time haha

8 minutes ago, Sellerino said:

So I've been going around and testing each one by itself, only knowledge gained is that the components are labelled "DISCONNECTED" as soon as I fly over to them and personally come in contact with the machines. Tempering with the passively cooled reactor makes the computer crash (it might be whenever I reset any turbine or reactor), the analyzer shows no errors, though. I've restarted the server, unloaded the chunks and other things affecting the chunks, still no difference.

I'm at more loss than I was before posting the first time haha

Well rest assured: You're not alone with that one...

This really sounds like a chunk loading issue (FTBU chunkloading is very wonky) but somehow doubt you build your turbines >10 chunks away from the computer...

It appears as if I am inept at creating turbines, the reactor is running and the computer sees it. The turbine is in "KICKOFF", it doesn't accept the steam, though. No idea why the original works differently to this one, but hey. At least the computer sees the components!

No worries about that! I just put in a creative steam generator to try if the computer could recognise the turbine, and it did. Anyways, one day later and the computer is also recognising the 4 turbines and 2 reactors 11-ish chunks away!

Thanks for the help by the way.

Edit: Scratch that, they're disconnected again haha

So I solved the mystery. I moved the computer to the components;  this did not work... I changed the computer to a server with doubt that it'd make a difference, but it worked (no idea why)! I also had to move the screen out of the chunk it was in for it to recognize what the server was doing. 

Once again, thanks! :D

@Sellerino possibly the server you assembled has a higher maximum number of peripherals it can recognise. I can't swear to it though, haven't worked with the server rack yet.

Currently working on designing a Star Trek style main engineering room with a draconic reactor and storage orb at the top and bottom and the draconic power transfer system lighting up a "warp core" between them. Will post pics when I get it working.

Just now, Gavote said:

@Sellerino possibly the server you assembled has a higher maximum number of peripherals it can recognise. I can't swear to it though, haven't worked with the server rack yet.

Currently working on designing a Star Trek style main engineering room with a draconic reactor and storage orb at the top and bottom and the draconic power transfer system lighting up a "warp core" between them. Will post pics when I get it working.

That sounds awesome. A server by itself (that is no component bus cards) does not have a higher number of peripherals it supports, as this number is limited by the CPU. With component busses you can go up to 64 total tho.

On 2017-6-22 at 8:09 PM, Gavote said:

As XyFreak said, that sounds awesome! I highly doubt around 10 peripherals would be too many for a server with a tier 3 processor and 3 component buses (yes, I went all in to try to eliminate whatever errors could occur with connectivity). My bet is that certain chunks in the void dimension have stopped working as they should. I've been forced to relocate certain Refined Storage exporters and importers as well. I guess I shouldn't leave things running for several days without me, or anyone else, online haha.

Sorry if this has been asked before; I tried to search but no avail

DW20-1.10.2 - I got a system working, one reactor, 2 turbines, 59Bln RF draconic energy core. The core is connected to the computer and is showing up in the Grid tab.  All is peachy.

My question is about the 'Charge' mode. Does it have a low and high threshold that I can set somewhere, ie let core drain to 50% then charge until full, let it drain again an so on? My power usage is not that high most of the time and I feel like turning the turbines on and off ever few seconds is overkill, I'd rather let the core drain and then charge it back up.

If this is not implemented can you guys think of a way to do this? I got a program that emits a signal based on how full the core is when it discharges below a threshold then it fills the core back up to another threshold. I used it to control my reactor when I didn't have the turbines. However I don't know how to interface it with brgc. I might try to kill the reactor and turbine services then start them back up, but I'm pretty sure this is not the way brgc is meant to be used.