• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

On 2/9/2017 at 1:52 AM, vik2or said:

i get the same error like MaSch

After the turbines stop callibrating in a feaw minutes the game crashes ( i think that the problem is with turbinecontrol not reactorcontrol .. because it is working while turbine are calibrating and no crash until they're done) 

i have direwolf20 1.10.2 with a few extra mods (mekanism, roots, enderzoo) 

and error is similar

Hi, I've had this same issue pop up and unlike the other two people who posted it I'm not using a modpack. Did anyone ever figure out the cause and/or a possible solution? It only ever seems to happen if I'm running turbines with the program. Running this on 1.10.2 with latest versions of Extreme Reactors and OC. Exactly the same crash logs as has been posted, which is what led me here.

Hello. I am currently having an issue editting my 'brgcctrl steamtarget'

I can't seem to get it past 1.4B/t

After editting with the reactor stopped its instantly reverts back to 1.4b/t. I want to be able to modify this when I add more turbines to my reactor. 

Thanks

I have a 17 x 17 x 17 passive reactor (due to the above mentioned bug), as well as a massive Ender IO capacitor bank that can store 191 Billion RF. For some reason, the controller shut down the reactor after calibration, even though the storage is nowhere near full. Why is this?

Also, the GUI elements in the various details sections are not aligned correctly.

Just now, BrisingrAerowing said:

I have a 17 x 17 x 17 passive reactor (due to the above mentioned bug), as well as a massive Ender IO capacitor bank that can store 191 Billion RF. For some reason, the controller shut down the reactor after calibration, even though the storage is nowhere near full. Why is this?

Are you trying to use the grid controller (aka have you connected your capacitor bank with an adapter)? Do you have "Computronics" installed? Can you post a screenshot of the reactor details page as well as the grid page?

The controller is unable to locate your capacitor (notice the 0/0 RF in the grid display. Since you say it does show up in the components list, try to restart the controller/computer. The capacitor bank should show up as "capacitor_bank" when you run "components". If it doesn't, someone changed the name (-.-) and I'll have to add it to the whitelist. If it doesn't show up as "capacitor_bank" can you please post the new name? Thanks.

I had already logged out, and logging back in the case was black and wasn't working. I replaced it and restarted the computer, then had to run the discover command to get the program to find the cap bank.

The case turning black and components going missing is a known issue, and I found something that may be at least part of the underlying issue (and posted my findings to the bug tracker).

Version 4.23, grid_controller.lua:151: attempt to call method 'getOptimalEnergyOutput' (a nil value)

Crashes if you have two or more passive reactors in grid mode. I replaced the method call with getOptimalOutputGenerationRate for now.

Greetings, I set up 4 turbines with one actively cooled reactor some 20, or so, days ago (I've also one passively cooled reactor). It worked like a charm. Then I took a break from the server, didn't think too much about turning off the reactors or anything. 
I came back today to an unpowered computer, I rebooted it after supplying it with power. All reactors and turbines are suddenly "DISCONNECTED", no idea what that is supposed to mean! 

I've tried to reform/reset the turbines and reactors, reinstall the computer, rewire everything. I've tried to smack my head to my real life physical monitor (no success, believe it or not!), tried to do the "brgcctrl recalibrate", and I've tried it all several times. hlep plz

Edit: Forgot to mention that the reactors and turbines seem to start up anyways as well?

058d96b435.png

7 hours ago, zeeZ said:

Version 4.23, grid_controller.lua:151: attempt to call method 'getOptimalEnergyOutput' (a nil value)

Crashes if you have two or more passive reactors in grid mode. I replaced the method call with getOptimalOutputGenerationRate for now.

Uh...yeah - ups. You changed it to exactly the right thing ;)

52 minutes ago, Sellerino said:

Greetings, I set up 4 turbines with one actively cooled reactor some 20, or so, days ago (I've also one passively cooled reactor). It worked like a charm. Then I took a break from the server, didn't think too much about turning off the reactors or anything. 
I came back today to an unpowered computer, I rebooted it after supplying it with power. All reactors and turbines are suddenly "DISCONNECTED", no idea what that is supposed to mean! 

I've tried to reform/reset the turbines and reactors, reinstall the computer, rewire everything. I've tried to smack my head to my real life physical monitor (no success, believe it or not!), tried to do the "brgcctrl recalibrate", and I've tried it all several times. hlep plz

Hey. Are the components immediately flagged "DISCONNECTED" or does that happen after a while only? Can you please run a quick "brgcctrl service reactor runOnce" and "brgcctrl service turbine runOnce"?

Yeah it should be there - since it isn't the computer doesn't even recognize your components. If you're sure everything is connected correctly check for chunkloading issues (since you were away from the server the admins might've unloaded your base). If that doesn't help, try to break and replace the computer ports as well as the controllers on your reactors/turbines.