• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

16 hours ago, XyFreak said:

Can you show me how your turbines are built? 28K RF/t while at....what? 900RPM looks interesting. >_>

It also looks like the coils are engaged while in KICKOFF-mode which should NOT happen.

There is also a possibility that the controller core loop errors out. Can you do a quick "brgcctrl service turbine runOnce" and see if that errors?

My turbines are all 16*7*7 with ludicrite. I tried running the command and nothing happened so i gues it didn't error ? (i can't code :P)

Image of the turbines: 

Edit: they run on 1781 rpm when they are on 28k rf/t

My active reactor and 2 turbine setup keeps failing to generate the power I need with this program
It seems the 2 turbines get stuck at SLOW SPINUP
The speed(Target) for both of them is 499(750), each generating 4.82KRF/t, when my demand is about 15KRF/t
I have several tanks holding an excess steam of about 1,000 buckets each, so I am not running out of steam, and I am using ender fluid conduits from enderIO for quick fluid transfer

Edit: I should probably mention the fact that I am using 20 input/output ports on each to make sure to well overcome the ender fluid conduit limit

It seems to work fine, then it decides to turn the reactors down, then turn them back up, which causes the turbines to go all over the place

I need the Turbines running at top speed, I don't really need the control aspect, all I want is the display

2017-05-10_10.02.57.png

2017-05-10_10.03.04.png

18 hours ago, LightningBlaze said:

My active reactor and 2 turbine setup keeps failing to generate the power I need with this program
It seems the 2 turbines get stuck at SLOW SPINUP
The speed(Target) for both of them is 499(750), each generating 4.82KRF/t, when my demand is about 15KRF/t
I have several tanks holding an excess steam of about 1,000 buckets each, so I am not running out of steam, and I am using ender fluid conduits from enderIO for quick fluid transfer

Edit: I should probably mention the fact that I am using 20 input/output ports on each to make sure to well overcome the ender fluid conduit limit

Can you please check whether the turbines get enough steam regardless? (The turbines steam input tank should not be empty). Just to make sure. SLOW SPINUP means each turbine gets 2000mB/t with inductors engaged.

56 minutes ago, simcye said:

It seems to work fine, then it decides to turn the reactors down, then turn them back up, which causes the turbines to go all over the place

I need the Turbines running at top speed, I don't really need the control aspect, all I want is the display

This program does not support display-only-mode. It propably never will, sorry.

The controller requires you to put all reactors on the same "steam network" so your setup can't work. If the turbines internal capacitor is not empty, the turbines should be at full speed at all times. If they're not, your reactors not being on the same network will propably cause this issue.

5 hours ago, XyFreak said:

Can you please check whether the turbines get enough steam regardless? (The turbines steam input tank should not be empty). Just to make sure. SLOW SPINUP means each turbine gets 2000mB/t with inductors engaged.

I looked to see, the steam buffer tank is full, i just tried breaking the reactor, rebooting the server, and starting it up and placing the block back, and it suddenly started working for no reason... so no clue why, but it worked

Oke so i'm completely new to open computers but I started using this program and it worked fine. however I now have a second setup on my world and for some reason the program doesn't set a target rpm speed any more in the program. I have no clue what i'm missing and I wiped the harddrive several times and so on in the hopes of getting it back in working shape. 

56 minutes ago, Nerdanel said:

Oke so i'm completely new to open computers but I started using this program and it worked fine. however I now have a second setup on my world and for some reason the program doesn't set a target rpm speed any more in the program. I have no clue what i'm missing and I wiped the harddrive several times and so on in the hopes of getting it back in working shape. 

Sounds like it never gets out of calibration. Does it say anything in the reactor+turbine overview?

Yeah it kept giving an error. But I feel kinda stupid now for asking the question because I found the solution literally an hour after posting this ( and i was already looking for the solution for 3 days :) )  I messed up my second turbine. I was missing a ludicrite ring which caused it to spin to fast after activating the coil. Feel really stupid but consider the issue solved. ( the reactor now calibrates fine ) 

And thanks for the awesome program :)

3 minutes ago, Nerdanel said:

Yeah it kept giving an error. But I feel kinda stupid now for asking the question because I found the solution literally an hour after posting this ( and i was already looking for the solution for 3 days :) )  I messed up my second turbine. I was missing a ludicrite ring which caused it to spin to fast after activating the coil. Feel really stupid but consider the issue solved. ( the reactor now calibrates fine ) 

And thanks for the awesome program :)

Good to hear ;)

Okay guys! I promised I'd work on getting the release done and I'm going to deliver. While I'm going to hunt down the last bugs, I'd like to gather some feedback on how the new GUI part for the grid controller looks.

brgc_grid_gui.png.f90a46674205c40cef9ea4736a14a02c.png

Please let me know if you feel like something is missing (e.g. showing the current charge in percent >_>). I'm also fine with "this looks awful" feedback ;).

FYI: The "Charge" button, makes the controller charge your energy storage until it's almost full. This mode is automatically disabled after that.

1 minute ago, Trucido said:

I love your program.  I just had two questions:

1.  When will the new interface and release be available for testing?

2.  Have you considered having a capacitor bank as part of the integration? 

-> 1) Tomorrow or later today.

-> 2) You are looking at the code that does just that ;)