• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

Ah ok - those configs ;)

If you are playing on a FTB Beyond server, can you do me a favor? I currently have an issue where computers are turned off after a server restart. If you happen to observe this, can you tell me? I want to make sure its not just my server/setup whatever before I ... rant about that bug >_>

Just now, XyFreak said:

Ah ok - those configs ;)

If you are playing on a FTB Beyond server, can you do me a favor? I currently have an issue where computers are turned off after a server restart. If you happen to observe this, can you tell me? I want to make sure its not just my server/setup whatever before I ... rant about that bug >_>

Sure. I'll just test and get back to you.

I imagine it will though. I left it all running last night. Just got home from work and hopped on with the computer off and needing re-calibrating. That's what prompted me to ask.

Another quick question:
When building an active reactor, should I build it to be most efficient at 50B/t or just able to keep up at 50B/t?

You should avoid aiming for 50B/t and go for 40B/t - 45B/t instead because you'll be unable to maintain this 50B/t without overshooting. The controller is also going to have trouble with that tbh.

Of course, aiming maximum efficiency is always better. Either way SHOULD work though as long as you give it a little headroom.

2 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

You should avoid aiming for 50B/t and go for 40B/t - 45B/t instead because you'll be unable to maintain this 50B/t without overshooting. The controller is also going to have trouble with that tbh.

Of course, aiming maximum efficiency is always better. Either way SHOULD work though as long as you give it a little headroom.

Cool. I'll probably aim for ~50B/t but then use 20 turbines per reactor (depending on setup difficulty).

Server restarts: well that's interesting. I disconnected from the server, then went to the server console and typed "save-all" and then "stop", as I always do. I waiting 5-10 seconds and then launched it again. Connected and the computer was still on. FTB Beyond 1.5.2 with FastLeafDecay, VeinMiner and MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits added - though I don't see how they would affect it.

1 minute ago, XyFreak said:

...interesting.... thanks^^

No problem.

Another question... I saw Refined Storage causing issues before with transferring steam. Have you had any experience of ME system P2P tunnels and turbines? I always used to use tesseracts but until ThermalDynamics is done, I can't. There are other options but P2P would be nicest for me if it's capable.

Yes - back in the middle of the 1.7.10 lifespan, AE2 Fluid P2P were utterly broken - as long as the output side accepted SOME fluid, the input side took in EVERYTHING it could, destroying the difference in the process.

This is going to throw off the controller. You CAN try it but i somehow doubt this has been fixed. Phantom Faces are propably your best bet.

4 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Btw - since you're going for an absurd amount of power generation - may i shamelessly advertise my draconic evolution reactor control program? :P

https://tenyx.de/draconic_control/

Already checked it out. Hopped into creative, set up a reactor with your program and promptly blew it up. I assume I set something wrong, but I couldn't be bothered with the risk so stuck with BR (or Extreme Reactors as it now is).

2 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Yes - back in the middle of the 1.7.10 lifespan, AE2 Fluid P2P were utterly broken - as long as the output side accepted SOME fluid, the input side took in EVERYTHING it could, destroying the difference in the process.

This is going to throw off the controller. You CAN try it but i somehow doubt this has been fixed. Phantom Faces are propably your best bet.

Hmm.... That's a real shame. I'll give it a shot though. What about a storage bus on a Demonicly Gargantuan Drum and... Oh wait, I'd need ExtraCells 2 for that. Where are all the mods at!? Devs?

Hey my dudes, Im getting stuck on install.  I downloaded it successfully (atleast it said i did)  and im getting 50% through the installer when it stops and gives me "Failed to download br_grid_control" 

Thanks

EDIT:  I may not have read deep enough, but two tier 1 ram sticks didnt work.  Swapped everything to teir 2 and it now works properly.  

One more quick question, Is there a way to set a custom RPM target for a turbine?  It calibrated my turbine at 761 RPM and the system is capable of 1800 easy.

EDIT:  It appears it has set a steam target of 900, however, the reactor is stuck at 200.  any ideas?  Using dimensional transceivers to move steam.  Reactor is 3x3x3 interior with 3 rods.

Thanks.

Edited by NamesReed
Clarification

@NamesReed

This sounds like your turbines energy storage is filling up so its slowed down to match your energy consumption. If this is not the case please check out what the steam input rate of your turbine is set to.

EDIT: Also make sure you're actually capable of transfering enough steam out of the reactor (I don't know how much dim. transcievers can move per tick in your pack)

Going to set up my reactor with turbines soon and I'm hoping to have them in one void world and my main base in another void world.

Is it possible to have the computer, screen and keyboard in the main base and have linked cards (or some other interdimensional transmission system) connected to the reactors and turbines?

Quick note: after logging off for several hours and logging back in, my reactor control computer was switched off but my TPS-Check computer was still online.

There is no remote option yet, no.

I had the same issue where OC would register about 3-4 times as many components after a server restart which caused the computer to shut down. If it happens again, please check the computer with an analyzer to see how many components it's currently registering. I'm also trying to find the cause of this. Are you by chance using ender io OC conduits?

A workaround for this is to use a server with a lot of component bus cards so your computer can handle the "initial component load" and not crash.

6 hours ago, XyFreak said:

There is no remote option yet, no.

I had the same issue where OC would register about 3-4 times as many components after a server restart which caused the computer to shut down. If it happens again, please check the computer with an analyzer to see how many components it's currently registering. I'm also trying to find the cause of this. Are you by chance using ender io OC conduits?

A workaround for this is to use a server with a lot of component bus cards so your computer can handle the "initial component load" and not crash.

Interesting. The control computer has been offline since it last crashed as my Tier 7 Dragonball is full (energy core) and the reactor is not needed at the moment. However, I just checked it with the analyser and right enough, it says 11/0 connected. Now I'm not sure if it includes internal components or just network components.... If it includes internal, that does make sense. If it doesn't, then it's wrong. And I'm assuming the "/0" is because it's off?

Shame about the remote feature. Is it planned? And how's the external energy storage feature going?

On 4/24/2017 at 10:36 AM, XyFreak said:

@NamesReed

This sounds like your turbines energy storage is filling up so its slowed down to match your energy consumption. If this is not the case please check out what the steam input rate of your turbine is set to.

EDIT: Also make sure you're actually capable of transfering enough steam out of the reactor (I don't know how much dim. transcievers can move per tick in your pack)

After upgrading literally everything (bigger turbine, bigger reactor, dimensional transceivers for both water and steam on both) I was able to fix my problem.  i do believe the bottleneck was both the turbine and the pipes i was using (first was using enderio, then 3 transfer nodes with full upgrades).  Now im up to 10k rf/t and can make it go to 25k once i get some ludicrite.

Thanks for the help buddy.

17 hours ago, xBlizzDevious said:

Interesting. The control computer has been offline since it last crashed as my Tier 7 Dragonball is full (energy core) and the reactor is not needed at the moment. However, I just checked it with the analyser and right enough, it says 11/0 connected. Now I'm not sure if it includes internal components or just network components.... If it includes internal, that does make sense. If it doesn't, then it's wrong. And I'm assuming the "/0" is because it's off?

Shame about the remote feature. Is it planned? And how's the external energy storage feature going?

Thats the same bug that blew my draconic reactor. It's either an OpenComputers bug or an ender io bug. are you using ender io conduits? If so try replacing those with regular cables. If not that's a nasty open computers bug then. My workaround is to increase the computer startup time in the server config to 2.5 seconds (from 0.25) and use servers with 2x tier 3 component cards.

13 hours ago, NamesReed said:

After upgrading literally everything (bigger turbine, bigger reactor, dimensional transceivers for both water and steam on both) I was able to fix my problem.  i do believe the bottleneck was both the turbine and the pipes i was using (first was using enderio, then 3 transfer nodes with full upgrades).  Now im up to 10k rf/t and can make it go to 25k once i get some ludicrite.

Thanks for the help buddy.

Good to hear ;)

Edit:

The network remote feature is most likely not going to happen. For progress on the energy storage thingy: check my twitter (@XyFreak1) ;)

3 hours ago, XyFreak said:

Thats the same bug that blew my draconic reactor. It's either an OpenComputers bug or an ender io bug. are you using ender io conduits? If so try replacing those with regular cables. If not that's a nasty open computers bug then. My workaround is to increase the computer startup time in the server config to 2.5 seconds (from 0.25) and use servers with 2x tier 3 component cards.

Good to hear ;)

Edit:

The network remote feature is most likely not going to happen. For progress on the energy storage thingy: check my twitter (@XyFreak1) ;)

That's fair enough. I forgot to mention that I'm not using EnderIO conduits in any way connected to the computer. It's a Flux Point for power and OCs own network cables for networking.

Awesome news on the external storage options. I'll be eagerly awaiting. It'll work with the DE Energy Core, right?

Can you show me how your turbines are built? 28K RF/t while at....what? 900RPM looks interesting. >_>

It also looks like the coils are engaged while in KICKOFF-mode which should NOT happen.

There is also a possibility that the controller core loop errors out. Can you do a quick "brgcctrl service turbine runOnce" and see if that errors?