• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Draconic Control - Get everything out of your draconic reactor

1 hour ago, corbanj6534 said:

I'm sure this could easily be done by just not telling the gui program to start the control one, check with @XyFreak to be sure tho. As for a remote screen, that's something i wanted to use and attempted to "hack" into the program, but it was too advanced for me to manage, so you may need to ask XyFreak really nicely xD

well for the remote screen i was thinking more along the lines of just building the computer where i wanted the screen and extend the cables down to the reactor, taking in to account that its not on another chunk, just way down below, as in bedrock level below. Ill pm XyFreak and ask him directly about the gui thing.

anyway thanks and take care

32 minutes ago, NaeRei said:

well for the remote screen i was thinking more along the lines of just building the computer where i wanted the screen and extend the cables down to the reactor, taking in to account that its not on another chunk, just way down below, as in bedrock level below. Ill pm XyFreak and ask him directly about the gui thing.

do the reactor and the computer need to be in the same chunk ?

1 hour ago, NaeRei said:

A really long cable will work just fine, i thought you meant wireless.

Ok wow - gotta catch up here:

• No you can't use the gui without a controller running. Doing so would require you to comment out everything from line 173 to 222 (included) in /usr/lib/draconic_control.lua. At this point you're on your own though. *cough* *cough* *hint* *hint*
  • Everything needs to be chunk loaded. This includes cables. All of them. Running cables down is no problem at all (of course).
  • If your force field input rate is higher than what you actually need this means your containment jumed to something higher than expected. There is no "real" regulation here. Its a mathematical model. It can't fail. Unless....
  • ... there's an issue with your power transfer. Remember that your energy storage needs to be chunk loaded as well. Also the Draconic Energy Crystals have a wierd behaviour where it will withhold energy and fill its own internal buffer instead. The best way to work around that is to use the basic versions since they only store 4MRF each. From what I've figured, the crystals try to get their internal storage to something between 15% and 20%. If they're below that the output rate will be lower than your input rate. The result may be a big boom. This is only an issue if your reactor is starting though because later down the line the storages are already equalized.

Edit: Yes, I found out the latter the hard way. And my visitors as well >_>. And the nerby flora as well. Did I mention this big hole in our server world? xD

Greetings fellow Draconic engineers, not too long ago I made a post here inquiring if it was possible to edit the program so it would remove the controlling the reactor part of it and leaving only the informative gui.

Say that you just want to have the nice gui telling you the status of the reactor and do the controlling on your own, or just have a screen elsewhere in the base showing said information.

After being suggested to talk directly with XyFreak by another member of the forums, I did just that, and within a few hours and messages we (read XyFreak) got this running and working, so im going to share here the same info and help he game me, just in case someone else wishes to do the same.

Before anything else, backup your saves, because if the fireworks starts…. Well they look quite nice but are very harsh on the surrounding area,  or in other words, say goodbye to your base and surrounding area ^_^ 

• First of you need to find a file called draconic_control.lua, located on .minecraft\saves\world_name\opencomputers

There you will find possible quite a few folders with a long string of numbers as a name. You need to find one that has this path /usr/lib

Inside of /lib is the file you are looking for (backup that as well, just in case)

• Now you need to edit that file, and quoting XyFreak himself “comment out everything from line 173 to 222 (included)”or in my case up to line 224 for some reason. In other words find line 173 (the line below)

local output_base = math.floor(reactorInfo.maxEnergySaturation / 2222)

comment out everything from there (including the mentioned lines), to do so just place -- on the start of every line up to line 222 or 224 (line below) this one is the last line to comment out.

self.fluxGateOutput.setFlowOverride(output)

lastly you will need to find

self.outputLast = output

and change it to:

self.outputLast = 0

Save the file and you are almost done, the rest is done ingame

You run the program as you usually do "draconic_control start" then "dc_gui"
All this changes on the program wile it deactivates the control aspect of it, it still needs to be connected to two fluxgates, and you may say "hey i need those on the reactor to do my own thing! i cant have them locked by the computer." and that is easily solved, those pesky fluxgates don't need to be connected to the reactor, just place them out of sight, connect them with adapter and cable to the computer, find their address (just use components on the computer) edit the draconic_control.cfg (edit /etc/draconic_control.cfg) to match the new addresses and its done. ^_^ your program and gui should now run and show all the info on screen without controlling anything on the reactor.

Also when doing this on my own, i managed to fire up the "fireworks" and i had multiple folders in .minecraft\saves\world_name\opencomputers and somehow happen to edit the wrong one, just backup the saves before turning everything on.

Now to finish, a great thanks to XyFreak for helping and the patience to do so, also please forgive my bad english (feel free to correct me) as is mostly self-taught

Thank you and most of all, have fun ^_^

PS: Dont forget about chunks, use chunk loaders if necessary

Hay guys, I have a question. I can't get to the website in the post because it says that it's not a really secure htpps site, and kicks me out with every time I go into it, regaurdless of browser. On top of that, I'd like to know what I good preset is, because I keep blowing up my reactors and idk what I'm doing wrong

1 hour ago, Saber404 said:

Hay guys, I have a question. I can't get to the website in the post because it says that it's not a really secure htpps site, and kicks me out with every time I go into it, regaurdless of browser. On top of that, I'd like to know what I good preset is, because I keep blowing up my reactors and idk what I'm doing wrong

Yep my SSL certificate expired last night and I only got around installing a new one just now.

There are two (and a half) presets on the website. If you like to experiment yourself, there's also a simulation program that runs an entire reactor cycle in a few seconds. If you blow your reactor with the default presets, something about your setup is wrong.

1 minute ago, Saber404 said:

how do I turn off the gui display and get back to the normal computer, I keep clicking everywhere  but it doesn't work :(

Clicking on the title of the program will terminate it ("Draconic Control v1.41 by XyFreak" <- click on that)

On 4/24/2017 at 2:24 PM, steel720 said:

yea but it blows before that 

If your reactor is in an RFTools Dimension, then chunk loading doesn't really work in there. Make sure its in the overworld or some dimension from the base game. I usually build an island to put my reactors near the height cap. This ensures that the ground below wont get destroyed if an explosion occurs, since the reactor explosion is only huge horizontally (x and z directions).

On 28.4.2017 at 9:30 PM, lombax5832 said:

If your reactor is in an RFTools Dimension, then chunk loading doesn't really work in there. Make sure its in the overworld or some dimension from the base game. I usually build an island to put my reactors near the height cap. This ensures that the ground below wont get destroyed if an explosion occurs, since the reactor explosion is only huge horizontally (x and z directions).

The End already has handy little islands floating around ;)

EDIT: Also - there's no ground to worry about :P

Also - I've been messing around with breeder reactor types. I'll be releasing an update tomorrow as well as a "new" set of presets for when you need to bring a bit more chaos into this world without fighting the chaos guardian ;)

How does 1 chaos shard per day per reactor sound? You juuuust need some balls if you ever want to open the GUI:

breeder.png.443754db40c9c854d1bdc77e00927369.png

Also - if brandon ever reads this: Can we please double the ammount of fuel that can be placed inside the reactor without changing anything else? Please? xD

draconic_simulator fuel=144 drainback=1.1 panic_temp_base=10000 throttle_temp=8115 target_sat=0.1 ticks_between_control=20 throttle_exp=0.12 panic_exp_base=2.79 throttle_sat=0.58 burn_rft=2000000 results_only
DC Simulator for Controller v1.42 (DE 2.0.10.194)

Reactor shut down after 24962782 ticks ( 14 days 10:42:19.100 ).
Reactor shutdown took 1122982 ticks ( 0 days 15:35:49.100 ).

RF Generated: 8.6675e+13 ( over generation time: 3.63573e+06 RF/t | over total runtime: 3.47217e+06 RF/t )
RF required for shutdown: 1.07075e+10 ( 0.012% of total generation )
RF/t peak: 6.975e+06 RF/t
RF/t drain peak: 1.271e+06 RF/t

Version 1.4.2 has been released!

Here's the changelog real quick:

Version 1.4.1 -> 1.4.2
	Reworked shutdown logic (I'm happy now).
	Implemented containment field surge compensation.
	Adjusted GUI Health display warning/danger thresholds.
	Added the ability to have the controller automatically start a reactor once it finished charging.

Quick breakdown:

• The shutdown logic will now shut down the reactors earlier (and not fall back to the temperature failsafe) which should reduce the time reactors take to shut down.
  • I've noticed that server lags or sudden changes in reactor load can cause the containment field to take a short dive. This is obviously scary so I did something about it. Compensation works in both directions but is less aggressive when the field strength increases.
  • After some experimentation I came to the conclusion that the old saturation thresholds that caused the GUI to display "warning" or "danger" are not approriate for their respective levels. They got tweaked a bit.
  • If you want the controller to automatically start your reactor once it finished charging, you can add a "autostart = true" to your reactor configuration. You can do this for each reactor individually.

Breeders!

As I've already shown you in my last post, I've been experimenting with ways to get chaos fast. The new breeder presets can be found under the presets section on the website. Note: the temperature will exceed 9000 fairly quickly. It will go as high as 10700ish. Don't panic.

15 hours ago, Saber404 said:

How do I download the new version if I already have the old one

Just run the installer again and reboot the computer. If your reactor is currently running, make sure you have some energy buffered, initiate the shutdown, count to 10, reboot your computer and start the controller again. Afterwards you can reactivate the reactor.

@XyFreak When I run wget http://xypm.tenyx.de/standalone/dc_installer.lua it downloads everything just fine. However, when I run "dc_installer.lua" Everything except
draconic_controller and dc_gui download.

My Computer Setup: T3 Casing, T3 Data Card, T2 Graphics Card, T3 CPU, 2x T3.5 Memory, T3 Hard Disk Drive, Plan 9k (Operating System)

""
XyFreaks' Package Deployment Tooll(you have 2 L's in tool)
The following packages are scheduled for deployment:
 - oop
 - libGUI
 - draconic_control
 - dc_gui

oop                         |>                                                                                                                    |    0.00%
oop                         |=======>                                                                                                     |  12.50%
libGUI                     |=============>                                                                                        |  25.00%
libGUI                     |====================>                                                                        |  37.50%
draconic_control  |===========================>                                                         |  50.00%
draconic_control  |=================================>                                            |  62.50%

Failed to install draconic_control
dc_gui                    |========================================>                             |  75.00%
dc_gui                    |==============================================>                |  87.50%

Failed to install dc_gui
Done                      |=====================================================> |100.00% ""

Please Help

3 hours ago, JTB Interstellar said:

@XyFreak When I run wget http://xypm.tenyx.de/standalone/dc_installer.lua it downloads everything just fine. However, when I run "dc_installer.lua" Everything except
draconic_controller and dc_gui download.

My Computer Setup: T3 Casing, T3 Data Card, T2 Graphics Card, T3 CPU, 2x T3.5 Memory, T3 Hard Disk Drive, Plan 9k (Operating System)

""
XyFreaks' Package Deployment Tooll(you have 2 L's in tool)
The following packages are scheduled for deployment:
 - oop
 - libGUI
 - draconic_control
 - dc_gui

oop                         |>                                                                                                                    |    0.00%
oop                         |=======>                                                                                                     |  12.50%
libGUI                     |=============>                                                                                        |  25.00%
libGUI                     |====================>                                                                        |  37.50%
draconic_control  |===========================>                                                         |  50.00%
draconic_control  |=================================>                                            |  62.50%

Failed to install draconic_control
dc_gui                    |========================================>                             |  75.00%
dc_gui                    |==============================================>                |  87.50%

Failed to install dc_gui
Done                      |=====================================================> |100.00% ""

Please Help

This usually happens if you don't have enough ram installed in your computer. Just add another dim;)

EDIT: I'm stupid and not reading everything before replying.....

Can you try downloading again with OpenOS?

EDIT2: There's no two "l"s in the code and its displaying "Tool" for me, not "Tooll"