• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
clarence112

.iso files

Question

9 answers to this question

That is true. Kinda is a share though, although I wonder if it would be possible to create something like linux from source code.

I believe that plan9k (The alternative OS built into OC) is meant to be similar to a Unix-like system. That's really the closest thing to linux that OC has.

Of course, re-making linux into a MC mod would require the conversion of C/assembly (The programming language most of the linux kernel is written in) into java so it can execute natively. (Or make ingame computers understand those languages, but then you're running an OS inside of an OS inside of a game inside of an OS. Yo Dawg) Plus you'd likely only be able to include a terminal anyway, as any sort of desktop environment (Even something known to be light like XFCE) would be a bit too much for minecraft to run effectively. That's still a lot of code to convert, plus in the end you'd end up with another computer mod, this time java/C/assembly based. I feel like Lua or perhaps Python is still the best language for a mod like this to use.

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

Source: Linux hobbyist