• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gangsir

Modem Port Management Tool

Hey, hope you're having a wonderful day. Gangsir again, back with another one of my small but useful programs. I've written a small user-friendly program to manage modem ports. It has the ability to scan and list all open ports, then gives you the option of opening and closing some ports. A few arguments and switches can be specified, these control what the program does.

Syntax:

ports [-ns] <minSearch> <maxSearch>
-n : No scan, skips scanning and goes right to opening and closing.
-s : Silent mode, only scans, no questions asked.
<minSearch> : The lower port to search from. Program will search from min to max for open ports.
<maxSearch> : Upper component to above.

Using both -n and -s is pointless, as it will open, and close immediately, with nothing to do.

This program can be used for debugging, testing, security, etc. I tried to make it somewhat like the components program that comes with OpenOS. If arguments are not specified, it searches from the minimum valid port to the upper valid port, 1-65535. This can take a few seconds, so I’d advise limiting it if you know where the general area of your open ports are.

Anyway, the program can be found at my Github, or wgetted:

https://github.com/NoahNMorton/Gangsir_MC_LuaPrograms/blob/master/OpenComputers/ModemPortManager.lua

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NoahNMorton/Gangsir_MC_LuaPrograms/master/OpenComputers/ModemPortManager.lua ports.lua

As always, if you enjoy my programs, be sure to let me know! Your feedback inspires me!

-Good night/morning/day, Gangsir