• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Murlocking

Adding duration to robot.use() function

Question

Hello, I made a big post in the request section about 3 programs that I'm trying to built.
I'm fairly new to Lua, I would say I started learning yesterday but that would be a lie since I've played a bit with ComputerCraft without really knowing what I was doing, until yesteday!

I think I made 3 really good programs and I can't wait to update/edit my post with my new information, but my post didn't get reviewed yet so it's not showing up in that section for now.

Anyway.. I was wondering if first, is it possible for a robot to use the right-click function "robot.use()" constantly instead of having it spam 

the right-click. 
I'm asking for that because I have my Robot equipped with  Watering Can from Extra Utilities and when I use this :

local robot : require("robot")

while true do
robot.use()          
end

It does what I want too but It kinda looks stupid and also collect the item from the block in front of it constantly (bushes from Tinker'sConstruct), that's the annoying part. I would not mind if it only collected once when the program run but it does it everytime the command run instead.

I tried to give the function a few arguments, but everytime I do it, it only affect the sides instead of the duration.
And I also read that duration is only simulated, does that mean it's impossible to have a robot constantly hold the right-click and produce an "effect"/action?

I bet it's really simple and I just didn't know the correct format(syntax) :D

Thank you for helping me!

1 answer to this question