• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
TheEisbaer

Copied over parallel API from CC, trying to get it working

Question

9 answers to this question

I'm no expert in libraries or coroutines, though the way you have the library set up is incorrect for OC.

Fixed:

http://pastebin.com/21vvAxUh

Note that all I did was make it so OC recognises the library and require() returns a table of functions instead of a boolean. I can't guarantee that the code that pre-existed works. I don't really know much about coroutines. Try it out and notice my changes, see if it works.

Also, computer.pullSignal skips over all user created coroutines

Just curious, what exactly do you mean with that? Coroutines aren't like threads, Lua doesn't automatically run them concurrently. Logically if you call computer.pullSignal in one coroutine, that will block all execution, even if you have some kind of "manual threading" (Plan9k).

Just curious, what exactly do you mean with that? Coroutines aren't like threads, Lua doesn't automatically run them concurrently. Logically if you call computer.pullSignal in one coroutine, that will block all execution, even if you have some kind of "manual threading" (Plan9k).

OpenComputer wraps calls to coroutine.yield and coroutine.resume so that they can bubble sysyields. It's part of how OC handles component methods. (if you want to look at the code that does the yielding stuff you can check here )

OpenComputer wraps calls to coroutine.yield and coroutine.resume so that they can bubble sysyields. It's part of how OC handles component methods. (if you want to look at the code that does the yielding stuff you can check here )

Yes, I "knew" that (i. e. I read that piece of code once before). Though I don't understand how this relates to computer.pullSignal and "skipping" coroutines.