• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
EliteClubSessions

MineOS, operating system

10 hours ago, Toskin said:

Well, you need to specify what exactly is happening, because "does not run correctly" won't help much.

Ok i got

Internet card

Graphics card

APU

Bios

2X tier 3.5 Memory card

2X tier 3 Hard Disk

And i got the error on many apps: not enough memory

I find it is weird

3 minutes ago, kodicraft4 said:

Ok i got

Internet card

Graphics card

APU

Bios

2X tier 3.5 Memory card

2X tier 3 Hard Disk

And i got the error on many apps: not enough memory

I find it is weird

FIrst one, I'm not sure why to use APU in combo with Graphics card considering APU is CPU+Graphics, and APU itself is made from components of lower tier than APU you'll get from them.

About those mem cards, yeah, I had exactly the same problem as you. MineOS is such memory hog on itself that most of apps can't be safely run on it.

My advice stays. Use T3 server full of 3.5 mem sticks, that should keep memory load under 75% no matter program you're running.

Really cool, though the only thing I would really use it for is the Mine IDE editor so I don't have to use an external editor that doesn't have the OpenOS libraries. Which leads me on to my next point: cross-compatibility. MineOS isn't cross-compatible with OpenOS's libraries, which I really need unless you make a command line, low memory usage, version of your MineOS to run on extremely low-end machines. Even then, I would have to port all of my existing programs on to your OS.

I create a lot of programs for computers around my MC world to manage redstone things in a neat manner. Installing MineOS on every one of those computers isn't an option. Would be really cool if you could make an OpenOS emulator of sorts just to create programs for OpenOS.

4 hours ago, 23Link89 said:

Really cool, though the only thing I would really use it for is the Mine IDE editor so I don't have to use an external editor that doesn't have the OpenOS libraries. Which leads me on to my next point: cross-compatibility. MineOS isn't cross-compatible with OpenOS's libraries, which I really need unless you make a command line, low memory usage, version of your MineOS to run on extremely low-end machines. Even then, I would have to port all of my existing programs on to your OS.

I create a lot of programs for computers around my MC world to manage redstone things in a neat manner. Installing MineOS on every one of those computers isn't an option. Would be really cool if you could make an OpenOS emulator of sorts just to create programs for OpenOS.

https://github.com/gamax92/OCEmu

On 1/27/2019 at 8:23 AM, 23Link89 said:

I fully back this I just updated mineOs and that has made my old induction matrix monitor program not run again course its made for openOS (originally CC) but now I will have to rewrite it base up (witch I can't be bothered to do) or downgrade to open os for this computer

is the pastebin thingy on the original post up to date? theres alot of apps in the GIF i cant find in the app store, and im particularly interested it what appeared to be a Fingerprint scanner? im faily new to opencomputers, and dont know much about computer language or anything like that.

On 9/2/2015 at 5:38 AM, EliteClubSessions said:

IqjceUk.gif

MineOS is half the operating system and half the graphical environment for OpenOS, which comes in OpenComputers mod by default. Oringinally it was developed in Russian, but it supports several languages. MineOS has following features:

• Multitasking
  • Windowed interface with double buffered graphics context
  • Animations, wallpapers, screensavers and color schemes
  • Language packs and software localization
  • User authorization by password and biometrics
  • Support for file sharing over the local network via modems
  • Support for client connection to real FTP servers
  • Error reporting system with the possibility to send information to developers
  • App Market with enormous amount of wonderful applications and possibility to publish your own programs for every MineOS user
  • An internal IDE with syntax highlighting and debugger
  • Open source system API and detailed illustrated documentations
  • Custom EEPROM firmware with the possibility to select/format the boot volume and Internet recovery
  • Almost complete compatibility with OpenOS software

How to install?

First, you need to install OpenOS from floppy disk to your HDD.  After that you'll be able to run MineOS installer via single command:

pastebin run 0nm5b1ju

System requirements:

• Internet Card
  • OpenOS installed on Tier 3 HDD
  • Tier 3 GPU
  • 2x Tier 3 RAM
  • Tier 3 CPU (not really matters, just speed up)

Troubleshooting:

Are there any problems, suggestions? I'll be glad to see you on the operating system repository:

https://github.com/IgorTimofeev/MineOS

The pastebin command is not functional, please fix it, right now, you have to use wget, here's the wget command 

wget -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IgorTimofeev/MineOS/master/Installer/BIOS.lua /tmp/bios.lua && flash -q /tmp/bios.lua && reboot

I'll link to the MineOS github here

Suggestion: Better support for tier 2 screens and fix the pastebin