• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
PedroBarbosa

First time using OC questions

Question

Hi!

First off all:

I'm forced to play with OC, and before i used to have CC, but I'm happy that i meet OC, it's not a bad thing.

The high number of features this one haves outstands CC miles away.

It's amazing, but i think it lacks of essencial programs like tunnel, or some quarry stuff or even a game like snake, etc.

Basically, it would be awesome of some newbie player like me crafted a computer, either on survivel or creative turned it on and saw some features that made his life simplier & made him search for more.

So, my question is:

Let's say that i wanna build a robot that mines like a quarry, what do i need to have?

Can i just build a robot and feed him with coal? And start programming?

And my 2nd questions is:

Why there isn't any mining stuff programs out there to download? No quarry programs? No strip mining programs? etc.

Sorry i'f I'm wrong, it happens alot :/

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Have a look over the repositories in the OpenPrograms organization over on Github. It's where a lot of people upload their programs (I have some on there, too, such as this little mining script, which is a bit more sophisticated than the one on the 'dig' loot disk). Most of the programs on there can also be installed using OPPM, a packet manager also available on a craftable floppy (floppy plus Interweb IIRC).

So, my question is:

Let's say that i wanna build a robot that mines like a quarry, what do i need to have?

Can i just build a robot and feed him with coal? And start programming?

And my 2nd questions is:

Why there isn't any mining stuff programs out there to download? No quarry programs? No strip mining programs? etc.

1. OC has loot disks, similar to CC, the one you're looking for is called dig. You could also use Sangar's miner program. By default, OC robots don't come with anything that you don't provide on the hard drive that you make the robot with.  As for robots, what you'll need is an electronics assembler, stuff that you'd need to fill a computer with, (RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, etc.) and then a way to power the robot. Robots in OC use power instead of physical fuel, although there is an upgrade that allows this. You'll need a machine called a charger hooked up to a power supply, and a redstone signal applied to the charger to keep the robot running.

2. Since OC is a slightly newer mod, it has a drastically lower community size, making pre-made programs few and far between.

Let me know if you need any more help.