• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Lizzian

Don't know how to do something? Look here!

If there are areas that you want a tutorial for but cannot find any information either on other threads in this section or on the OC Wiki then feel free to post here and I will try to make a tutorial on it to the best of my abilities. 

Current Requests:

• Standard Lua 5.2 stuff (for people comming from CC/Lua5.1)

Oh and I did add opencompunents to the client. So I have that all so. From what I have seen and what I saw there's not a way to read the air pressure in a tube or a machine. I can read the energy and things like that. How ever I didn't want to have to monitor the pressure the old way. (With redstone on the ground.) and a valve. I just have no idea if it was ever added or just not at this time. it would be a great idea. To be able to monitor the pressure in a tube or a machine. That way you can send another signal for an alarm or some thing.

Yes, I'm on a server and yes i uploaded the mod to my server. and to the new server I been playing on. and last that's why I wish the editor for lua was a lot better then it is. I can copy and paste into the editor. I just can't copy and paste from the editor. That should be added on the next release. This idea is to monitor the air pressure to start and stop an engine to add more air to the compressor(s). with out blowing the tubes and machines up. I was told that the option is in Opencomponents. i just have to find it. SO in the mean time. It;s the old way.

Copying from OC is a lot harder than pasting, if you want to edit it outside the game and have it show up instantly ingame, set bufferedFilesystems to false in the OC config. As for pneumaticcraft stuff, have you looked at the pressure monitor that can be attached to pipes? That will output a RS signal strength in correlation to the pressure inside the tube.

Hey, I would like to make a player count system, to know how many players visited my base, shop. I have some idea's, but not sure how to do it. So far this is what I'm trying to do: 

use a tripwire on an adapter connected to the computer. My idea was that when the redstone signal turns true, it should add +1 to a count program or something. Can anyone help my with the code? So far I only have only the setup, no code yet.

Here is a picture if it would make it easier:

post-1931-0-58384900-1430509233_thumb.jpg

i just started using OC, and i'm very used to CC and lua 5.1

but have one major problem i cant find in the wiki or here so far :(

How do i print out a list of commands i can use on a peripheral..
in CC i would just do this

local file = fs.open("config","w")
file.writeLine(textutils.serialize(peripheral.getMethods()))
file.close()

how would i do something like this in OC??
i like to try things out myself, but so far, im pretty god damn lost on this mod.

I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer to. I have a script that creates a hologram from the information gathered by a Geolyzer, (I didn't write it, It's Sangar's program, I found it on https://openprograms.github.io/) It works great with the geolyzer attached to the side of a computer and the projector attached to the same. What I want to know, is it possible to have a geolyzer in another dimension and have its information be sent back to this computer? I was assuming perhaps the linked card could work, but I'm not sure if two computers would work, or if there is another way to easily connect the geolyzer to the existing 'network' in the other dimension? (I am very new to OC, had been using CC quite a bit but it just wasn't up to do what I wanted)

If there are areas that you want a tutorial for but cannot find any information either on other threads in this section or on the OC Wiki then feel free to post here and I will try to make a tutorial on it to the best of my abilities. 

Current Requests:

• Standard Lua 5.2 stuff (for people comming from CC/Lua5.1)

Are there any best practices for iterating on scripts locally? Right now I edit locally, upload to my site, and wget the scripts down.

Additionally, when my scripts error out I can't see the full stacktrace on the screen. UNIX-like output redirection didn't seem to work, is there some way for me to capture errors for review?

Thanks!

oi!

Im playing on a modded server with opencomputers in it aswell.

Someone on the server made me a robot wich harvested Berry essences from tinkers construct. Since he stopped playing and the robot doesnt work anymore i would like to make those robots myself.

Could you make a tutorial about that? I will add some screenshots on how they look like.

2017-01-17_10.59.35.png

image-2017-01-17 (1).png