• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Nonsanity

Mekanism Gas Tanks

Question

I tried putting an Adapter next to one of Mekanism's Gas Tanks with the hope of reading out the current and max values, however it only seems to support the inventory slots the tank has, not the gas levels.

Am I going about this wrong? (This is my first day with OpenComputers.)

As a stop-gap solution, I put a comparator on the tank and used the Adapter on that. This way I do at least get a very low resolution indication of the tank's level, but I'd much prefer to get the actual value. The comparitor resolution is so low, even my character-based level display adds five characters per value chage. (The bar is 75 wide, so the difference between any two reading is 5.)

3 answers to this question

If the tank doesn't use Forge's usual interface for fluids then yeah, that won't work. You could give throwing in Computronics and/or OpenPeripheral a shot, maybe those already have integration for that. If not, feel free to open an issue on Github (on OC's repo that is, for requestion that integration).

Hi Sangar..

You say that OpenComputers does not have the ability to read Gas Tanks from Mekanism.. But the code is already integrated into OC in the Integration section..

link.. So how come is does not work...

By the way..

Thanks for a very awesome MOD..!! Love is.. OC over CC any time..! And I have been a CC user for a long time before I laid my eyes on OC..

Never going back.. :-)

That converter is only for component methods returning GasStacks, it doesn't handle blocks "containing" those. Would probably need to add a driver for 'GasHandlers' or whatever the API for that is; if that's not already in Computronics already anyway?

Happy to hear you like OC :)