• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
epix

Problems about writing an addon that read NBT

Question

Hello, I'm trying to use Open Computer to monitor other mods working status. The ideal target is, showing change rate of water amount in a tank in Open Computer screen, and dump it into .csv file to do further research using external software. Since there are many type of data to collect, so directly read NBT data may be a good approach.

So I started to write an add-on. But facing problems:

1. How to return complex data (which lua would regard as a nesting table) in a callback function? The example (https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/blob/master-MC1.7.10/src/main/java/li/cil/oc/api/README.md) only return a string.

2. I tried the example in development environment. However, the analyzer do show the name of component but not address. And the computer can not invoke the component. After compile the code into jar file and use in a normal minecraft environment, it works. I've also tried another add-on OpenSecurity. And it can not work as source code nor jar (in eclipse/mods folder) in develop environment. Open Computer build-in component works well.

Any help will be appreciated!

1 answer to this question

1. Java Maps get converted to Lua tables (recursively, IIRC loops/cycles are also fine). Iterables get converted to sequences (i.e. numerically indexed tables).

2. Make sure you're using the deobf (dev) version of OC in your devenv. That's usually what's causing people trouble.