• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Krutoy242

Building - OC Data-Center (screenshots)

I'm looking at this topic and it looks awesome!

I want it! But I have no idea about where to start... I'm struggling with the following questions:

1) How to use this MagicaVoxels?

2) How to turn the vox file into something usable in MC? What does MC need as input?

3) How is it build in MC?

4) How do you get the materials in MC?

5) What's the role of this debug card?

I have some investigation todo, but this looks an awesome way to create a very cool structure!!!

I'm looking at this topic and it looks awesome!

I want it! But I have no idea about where to start... I'm struggling with the following questions:

1) How to use this MagicaVoxels?

2) How to turn the vox file into something usable in MC? What does MC need as input?

3) How is it build in MC?

4) How do you get the materials in MC?

5) What's the role of this debug card?

I have some investigation todo, but this looks an awesome way to create a very cool structure!!!

Thank you!

Please read closely first message of this topic, it have all answers.

1) See totorial here

2) Turn it with this converter. MC will need text generated by converter

3) With tier3 OC computer and debug card and this program.

4) They come from nowhere

5) Debug card give you access to admin commands for filling territory with blocks.

Thanks for explaining Krutoy242! Yeah I was lazy with the reading, sorry for that... I just wanted to quickly reply so MarioBrosFTW knew people were still looking at this awesome thread!

I managed to actually build the datacenter! Indeed I needed to upgrade the RAM of my computer because it couldn't load the datacenter.lua due to insufficient RAM.

I removed the -42 from the Y level because I didn't understand it, so the result was a floating datacenter above water LOL. It seems the cellar starts at 42 below ground level :)

It seems I need to update some blocks in the generated LUA data table, for example, the cables are end portal blocks, computers are bushes and the iron fences were missing in my Resonant Rise 3 modpack :-)

Is there a way to rotate the datacenter? I want to rotate it -90 degrees.

I'm also wondering if there is some way to print it using a drone or robot. I play full survival and my friends, who built everything by hand, cannot appreciate it probably :-)

I'm also wondering why this setup is capable of having 64 computers... Why 64? And what's the purpose of having 64? These are probably noob questions, because I just started with OC. I still don't really see the possibilities of OC in Minecraft except a little bit of automation.

Kind regards,

TvL2386

I'm also wondering if there is some way to print it using a drone or robot. I play full survival and my friends, who built everything by hand, cannot appreciate it probably :-)

I'm also wondering why this setup is capable of having 64 computers... Why 64? And what's the purpose of having 64? These are probably noob questions, because I just started with OC. I still don't really see the possibilities of OC in Minecraft except a little bit of automation.

I glad you success!

To rotate DC you should swap x and z coordinates of each "chunk". For example, change line 8 in printing program to this (not tested, maybe wrong):

x1,x2,z1,z2 = z1,z2,x1,x2

Robots will build up this huge construction about week. There hundreds of thousands of blocks!

But you can write an "Anthill AI" that can manage 100-200 simple drones to build this in day or so.

Still, there is a huge amount of resources. To earn 0.1 million of coal blocks you need to dig up 6 400 chunks, or 1300x1300 field of MC world. You must construct giant "world-eater" harvester =)

When we use my DC, we occupied only about 20-30 of available points during 2 months of playing. There was several test computers, servers for providing Internet by wireless modem, stress tests computers, wireless points, linked card array servers, printing docks and many other things. So, 64 points for computers should fulfill all our programmer desires. Sadly, that from 50-100 of server players, only 5-10 was interested to programming.

Before making DC i had tiny shed with 8 computers. When there was no more space i was thought "hmmmm, what if i slightly enlarge my shed...". That is how things started =)

MMWMBC9.png

Thanks for explaining Krutoy242! Yeah I was lazy with the reading, sorry for that... I just wanted to quickly reply so MarioBrosFTW knew people were still looking at this awesome thread!

I managed to actually build the datacenter! Indeed I needed to upgrade the RAM of my computer because it couldn't load the datacenter.lua due to insufficient RAM.

I removed the -42 from the Y level because I didn't understand it, so the result was a floating datacenter above water LOL. It seems the cellar starts at 42 below ground level :)

It seems I need to update some blocks in the generated LUA data table, for example, the cables are end portal blocks, computers are bushes and the iron fences were missing in my Resonant Rise 3 modpack :-)

Kind regards,

TvL2386

In-game RAM or real RAM, if it was real RAM, how much did you need, as I try to build it and it freezes, so maybe I could find a script that could handle using 2GB of RAM, as I only have 4GB on my actual computer (it's a crappy laptop, ut I use to game heavily on it).

oh awesome theres still people looking at this 

Kind regards,

TvL2386

now in reply to TvL2386 how did u get it to work when i get back on my server ill post a screenshot of what my computer says