• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
pboachie

Wireless receiver response problems

Question

Hello there. I made a small little code that would turn on and off a wireless reciever from WR-CBE Logic. It used to work and then it just stopped. Is there something missing?

local term = require("term")
local component = require("component")
local rs = component.redstone

print("Enter Freq")
term.write("Freq: ")
x1 = io.read()
freq = tonumber(x1)

rs.setWirelessFrequency(freq)
rs.setWirelessOutput(true)
os.sleep(3)
rs.setWirelessOutput(false)

5 answers to this question

Hi pBoachie,

I've not tried this yet, but if you give me your basic setup (a screen shot of how you've got things connected) I will take a look as it's something I'll be doing eventually any way.

So may as well take a stab at it now  :)

OK done some testing (OC 1.5.6), nothing wrong with your program but two things I learned from this:

Firstly, don't call your Lua script "redstone" it won't work and will give you instructions for using OC's redstone API  :P (ended up calling mine testRed.lua)

Secondly, frequency 0 doesn't work, but anything else appears to be fine. The "os.sleep(int)" command needs to be longer as the computer isn't guaranteed to be processed at fixed intervals which can lengthen or shorten the live period. I set it to 5 and, baring Frequency 0, never had an issue.

You must have a Redstone Tier 2 card installed in the computer and you don't need a wireless transmitter (the tier 2 card is this item in effect). A Redstone I/O block doesn't work.

Firstly, don't call your Lua script "redstone" it won't work

FYI, you can still call it that, but then you'll have to run it via ./redstone.lua (i.e. with the leading relative or absolute path), otherwise OpenOS will always try to resolve that name using the PATH env variable, first, leading it to use the built-in program called like that.