• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Maxzilla60

Using Botania for Power Generation

Question

Hello! :)

First of all; I'm not asking for full Botania integration, I have checked the GitHub.

OpenComputers automatically disables the need for power if it doesn't detect other mods for power generation.
Botania has a block (the Mana Fluxfield) that can convert Mana into RF and I would like OpenComputers to recognize that.
I have tested this by adding one of the recommended mods (so that it doesn't disable the need for power) and the Mana Fluxfield works perfectly with the Power Converter.

The problem is that I don't want to have one of those mods added just to make this work.
My friend (who's really into OpenComputers) and I (who's really into Botania) really wanted to challenge ourselves by having our computers powered by Mana on our server.

Is this possible? Is there something I could do myself? Or am I going to 'need' to add one of the recommended mods?

Thanks in advance
-Max

2 answers to this question

• Solution

OC checks for the RF API (CoFH|Energy) to decide whether RF is available. Since OC doesn't ship that API (nor, presumably, does Botania, which is a good thing) you'll need to throw in CoFHCore and/or CoFHLib (not sure if the one depends on the other). That should be enough to make it work.

OC checks for the RF API (CoFH|Energy) to decide whether RF is available. Since OC doesn't ship that API (nor, presumably, does Botania, which is a good thing) you'll need to throw in CoFHCore and/or CoFHLib (not sure if the one depends on the other). That should be enough to make it work.

Yes, adding CoFHLib made it work.

Thank you very much, now I can power my computers with cake! :D