• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Michiyo

MC 1.6.4/1.7.10/1.8.9/1.9.4/1.10.2 OpenPrinter

Hello all, I'd like to announce a new addon for OpenComputers: OpenPrinter!  I was stuck using CC's printer and a adapter to print stuff with OC, so I set about to write a printer exclusively for OpenComputers.

1.6.4: build.png
Source: https://github.com/PC-Logix/OpenPrinter/tree/master

1.7.2/1.7.10: build.png
Source: https://github.com/PC-Logix/OpenPrinter/tree/1.7

1.7.2 builds work with 1.7.10 with no issue.

Builds 73+ are MC 1.7.10 and OC 1.4+ compatible and will not work with earlier versions of either.

Builds 120+ are MC 1.7.10, and require OC 1.5+

Downloads:

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/OpenPrinter
Also, the mod has a auto update checker, like most mods, but this one is based on the M.U.D of Battlegear2 mod, and includes the ability to download updates to the mod from within the game. (restart still required)

A Printed page:
ss (2014-04-15 at 08.43.02).jpg

Recipes:
The Printer:
ss (2014-04-14 at 04.18.22).png
4 Iron Ingot,
2 tier 1 ICs,
2 Redstone,
1 PCB.

Color Ink Cartridge:
ss (2014-04-14 at 06.03.28).png
1 Rose Red,
1 Cactus Green,
1 Lapis Lazuli
1 Iron Ingot.
100 uses by default, changeable in the config.

Black Ink Cartridge:
ss (2014-04-14 at 06.04.00).png
3 Squid Ink
1 Iron Ingot
100 uses by default, changeable in the config.

Ink Refill recipe, use the proper recipe above, but replace the iron nugget with a partially used ink cartridge.

Printer Paper Roll (256 sheets of paper in one item)
ss+(2014-10-16+at+08.18.32).png
4 stacks of 64 Minecraft Paper

Methods:

op = component.openprinter
op.writeln("String", [0xHEXCOLOR], ["center"])

Color, and center are optional, format is 0xRRGGBB, using this will add one use of your color ink cartridge, center will attempt to render the string in the center of the page, instead of left justified.  you CAN use Minecraft's chat formatting control codes with calls to writeln, http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Formatting_codes  EACH CALL to a COLOR set will add one use of the color ink cartridge, calls to format codes will NOT.

op.setTitle("String")

Sets the "name" of the printed page, this also effects the item display in your inventory, never forget which page is which!

op.getPaperLevel()

Returns the amount of paper in your printer, 0-64 for Normal MC paper, or 0-256 for a paper roll.

op.getColorInkLevel()
op.getBlackInkLevel()

returns the number of uses left in the ink cartridge 0-100 (default)

op.clear()

Will clear everything set by previous calls to op.writeln()

op.print()

Calling this method will print all previous calls to writeln to the printer.

op.printTag("String")

will print data to a Name Tag, op.printTag("Dinnerbone") and op.printTag("jeb_") :D
This can be disabled via the config because this usually costs XP to set, using this method it is free.

am I dreaming or there is even a nice 3D model?

printers were the only thing missing in open computers (exept maybee sound cards,speakers... okay,not the only thing,but still awesome!)

and,erm... crash...

net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelFormatException: IO Exception reading model format
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.obj.WavefrontObject.<init>(WavefrontObject.java:60)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.obj.ObjModelLoader.loadInstance(ObjModelLoader.java:27)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.AdvancedModelLoader.loadModel(AdvancedModelLoader.java:65)
    at pcl.openprinter.tileentityrender.PrinterRenderer.<init>(PrinterRenderer.java:20)
    at pcl.openprinter.ClientProxy.registerRenderers(ClientProxy.java:29)
    at pcl.openprinter.OpenPrinter.load(OpenPrinter.java:170)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:209)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:188)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:677)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:268)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:525)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:813)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:103)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: openprinter:/models/printer.obj
    at net.minecraft.client.resources.FallbackResourceManager.func_110536_a(SourceFile:51)
    at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.func_110536_a(SourceFile:55)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.model.obj.WavefrontObject.<init>(WavefrontObject.java:55)
    ... 41 more

I'm using lastest forge version (10.12.1.1061)

edit : and did you know that printers doesn't uses red green and blue but cyan,yellow and magenta in fact?

maybee you could change the recipe and the texture of the coloured ink cartrige

You call RGB color codes to print in color, so Red/Green/Blue makes sense.

As for the crash, it seems you are somehow missing the printer model?  Open the jar in winrar, or winzip, navigate to "assets/openprinter/models/" and make sure you have printer.obj, if not... then try to download again?

You call RGB color codes to print in color, so Red/Green/Blue makes sense.

As for the crash, it seems you are somehow missing the printer model?  Open the jar in winrar, or winzip, navigate to "assets/openprinter/models/" and make sure you have printer.obj, if not... then try to download again?

there's a "printer.obj",there's even a "printer - Copy.obj"

the problem seems to be that forge can't load the model

and what is the printer.mtl?

edit : renaming the printer - Copy.obj to printer.obj (and removing the original printer.obj) doesn't fix it,the problem isn't caused by the model itself but seems to be a code problem,on which version of forge this mod have been done?

maybee the way forge load model changed since

there's a "printer.obj",there's even a "printer - Copy.obj"

the problem seems to be that forge can't load the model

and what is the printer.mtl?

edit : renaming the printer - Copy.obj to printer.obj (and removing the original printer.obj) doesn't fix it,the problem isn't caused by the model itself but seems to be a code problem,on which version of forge this mod have been done?

maybee the way forge load model changed since

Built on 1.7.2-10.12.1.1060, nothing has changed in the model loader class.  Also http://puu.sh/8penP.jpg  1.7.2 forge 1060

This recipe for the roll has conflict with Tinkers' Construct's stack of paper.

And when I try to use .writeIn, it says "attempt to call field "writeIn" ( a nil value ), that means the callback is other, or do not works. I am using OC 1.3.0.465 and latest version of OpenPrinter.

I use at launcher because i like to play the yogscast complete instance. I download the zip folder, i have tried placing it into the mods folder, zipped and unzipped. I have tried to rename it a .jar file and even this seems not to work. It uses minecraft 1.6.4 as the base but adds mods. I am having difficulty adding the mod to at launcher.

Ok so i got the right file type now, not sure where i got the other from but it was .zip not .jar and totally different. put the jar file into my mods folder and getting a message saying "a list of ID conflicts has been written to the file IDConflicts.txt in your minecraft directory and seems to freeze on a screen saying that for some reason. the contents of the file are as follows :-

#Blocks
780: tv from cfm - printer from openprinter
Suggested Ranges: 2040-2128 (89 IDs), 1755-1833 (79 IDs), 2418-2476 (59 IDs)

i have tried to add idfix minus to the folder which normally sorts out id conflicts but this has not helped. Also thanks to everyone who has helped me out.

Hello. I do hope this thread is not dead. Printers are the ONE thing missing for this to fully replace ComputerCraft for me.

Would it be possible to reupload OpenPrinters on a website that is working? pc-logix.com seems to be down due to a "500 internal server error".

I really do hope that this isn't abandoned. If anyone has a copy of the jar for 1.7.10, that would be fine as well.