• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
kkeith29

Comparing items from AE2 network to OC database

Question

Hello,

I have been working on controlling an AE2 export bus with OC. After much trial and error, google searches, and pure frustration I have got a simple setup working.

Once I figured out the use of databases and how they tie into the export bus functions, things became easier. I have found one problem that I can't seem to overcome though. Nether ores use the same name for many of the blocks which is causing my script to fail. I'm guessing they store the different type in NBT data. I noticed you can get a hash of an item from a database, but I cannot find a way to get a hash of the item info I pull from the ME system. Is there anyway to do this?

I'm thinking I may have to compare labels (since they seem to be unique to the item) but I really don't like doing that.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Hello there

I also went through the same problem some months ago. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any practical use for the functions provided by the Database component :/ In the end, I only use the Database for the ME Export Bus driver.

Using the label could work, but I personally concatenate the name with the damage value in order to have a unique name.

If your modpack has Thermal Foundation or Tinkers' Construct, keep in mind that those mods also store their blocks with the same name but different damage value.

Hope that helped