• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Saddamo

OC liquid pump with meter

Question

Hello everyone,

I have an idea, but have no clue how to do it.

OC pump will mesure the liquid flowing thru the pipe ( Buildcraft, Ender-IO or latest Thermal dynamics )

If the required amount passed already, it will shut down the valve, or some redstone thinggy.

I made something similar with energy-o-mat and buildcraft pipes already, but it is only version 1.00 and it has no computer power :-D

Any ideas?

8 answers to this question

My idea is to set up some "shop" which will sell liquids, thru the pipes, I dont want to use cells ( fuel cell, ethanol cell )

Pay the machine the fee and the machine will open the "valve" and will let pipe to deliver the liquid...into your tank...

I can see doing that but without the pipes. Above ground is a building with a ring of spots for each liquid. A sign above and trapped chest for each one. The redstone singal from the trapped chest could goto a multi-color cable or just a ring of redstone dust. That signal would let the robot know to:

• find out which chest has the payment in it
  • take the payment
  • put into chest in basement
  • get the approriate liquid from a holding tank in the basement
  • come back up and hover over the drop point
  • wait until a tank is available and fill it, then drop off payment to basement chest
  • or when 5 minutes is up return fluid to basement and return payment

You could also use a computer as the input (show prices and availability), use a piston wall to show/hide the chest or hopper, and robot to transfer fluid to temporary tank internal to the building with a pipe sticking outside.

Lots of ways to do it, this is only two of them.

hahahaha, very nice solution :-D

I did something like this ages ago with energy-o-mat, you dropped a coin into energy-o-mat, till energy-o-mat was providing electricity thru the detector cable, detector left the "valve" for liquid open and it was flowing thru the pipes. Energy in energy-o-mat was flowing in a loop back to energy-o-mat. I know it was not clever solution, but it was funny solution.

Thank you very much for advice how to build it, I will try to do my best.

I just started with OC week ago, so I am basically learning the stuff. I didnt know about OC, I was using CC all the time.

With your idea, I have new idea now, because of your inspiration.

Small building made like a vending machine, glass front side with some room behind the glass. So basically if you buy some liquid robot will pick up liquid from several optionabl tanks, then it will drop that liquid in some tank ifront of you behind the glass, then it can flow to your tank or pipes. I know this is probably too much complicated, but I will be definetly interested in thing like that. Upset customer waiting outside vending house watching his precious fuel flowing into his pipe, because his house has no fuel for energy production :-D :-D :-D

Incase if you provide this customer with free turbine or some other thinggy for energy production, then he needs to buy fuel from your factory :-D

Thanx for idea

The hard part is the code and design for it

Nah, once you know exactly what you want, it gets a lot easier. Look at Black Hole Tutorials 4 and 5 on this forum for some tips. I like the modern vending machine concept, that is a lot more fun to watch work. I had more of an automat-style setup in my head. Keeping it filled might be an interesting challenge if it is far way from your place of production.

I am reading the Black Hole tutorials every day. Learning and laughing all the time while reading.

I made automatic fastfood shop with Gregtech and AE 2 o my server while ago. Now thinking to make something more funny and interesting.

Fastfood idea I made few months ago:

Local Minecraft farmers were selling wheat, beef, pork and few other things into my fastfood. They did get gregtech coins for every sale they made. After their products were sold they could buy burgers, pizzas, sandwiches and even beer and dark beer, ofcourse bottled and made with ISO 9001, like top of the range :-D

Everything was autocraft made directly infront of them behind the glass wall.

Pizza:

Wheat + mill = flour, flour + water in mixer = dough, dough + steam oven = pizza base, milk + machine = cheese, pizza base + cheese + meat = meat pizza

I really like OpenComputers mod, hopefully more people will try it as I did, the options with this mod are almost endless :-D