• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Krutoy242

Extracting items from ME Network (Applied Energetics)

Question

(sorry for bad English, im just Russian)

How to extract special amount of special item by ID from ME Network?

0EbpBcg.png

SjsoAbk.png

Me and two other guys working on a market, targeted to large volume transactions between players.

We done half of work, but stucked on interraction with ME Network from Applied Energetics mod. Before, we used Computercraft's computers, but they have bugs with special kindes of meta data when using .extractItems() . I searched AE component documentation but dont find direct commands to do things like moving items outside of existed ME Network.

7 answers to this question

Here instructions:

Put an adapter in front of the chest/controller.

Connect the adapter with a cable to the computer.

In the computer console, write this command:

components

A list of components should appear, search for something of the same name you just connected with the adapter, like ME_CHEST or something like this.

write this command now:

lua

then write this:

for _, Method in pairs(component.methods(component.list( "  <  NAME OF THE COMPONENT FROM AE2, LIKE me_chest OR me_controller >  " )())) do print(Method) end

A list of methods for the controller should appear.

You can use local controller = component.proxy(component.list("<component>")()) for example, to call the methods for it.

It may or not work, depending if OpenComputers is compatible with Applied Energistics 2...

For most functions (i.e. those that are documented appropriately) you can get a docstring using `=component.componentName.methodName`.

So in this case for example `=component.me_exportbus.setConfiguration` would work in a newer version of OC (which it doesn't look like this is?).

Going by those method names however, it actually looks like they're mostly from OpenPeripherals (e.g. there's no listMethods in OC), so you'd have to look there for documentation.

For most functions (i.e. those that are documented appropriately) you can get a docstring using `=component.componentName.methodName`.

So in this case for example `=component.me_exportbus.setConfiguration` would work in a newer version of OC (which it doesn't look like this is?).

Going by those method names however, it actually looks like they're mostly from OpenPeripherals (e.g. there's no listMethods in OC), so you'd have to look there for documentation.

Thanks, I tryed, but still I dont get it.

For example, i using docs for "getConfiguration" and it says

getConfiguration  function(side:number, [ slot:number]):boolean -- Get the configuration of the export bus pointing in specified direction.

And when i trying to execute this, i gots only nils and errors:

lua> =component.me_exportbus.getConfiguration(0)
nil "no export bus"
lua> =component.me_exportbus.getConfiguration(3)
nil

Also, me_exportbus and some other modules have fields like "slot = -1", but nothing else i can find about it.

Additionally i lurked OpenPeripheral docs, but this poor and outdated.

Maybe, I should find peoples who already worked with AE+OC before? Or should I ask on AE and Peripheral forums about methods to export items from ME Network?

The side is the direction the export bus is facing IIRC, i.e. if the bus is facing east, use getConfiguration(sides.east).

Well, i get it, and get table as responce for getConfiguration.

But is setConfiguration is only way to control from computer, what item i can extract?

Is OC have other functions or tricks, like sucking items from chests but insted, from ME?