• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
redstorm64

Robot keeps disappearing

Question

Anybody else having issues where their robot(s) keep disappearing?   I've had it happen several times just while commanding the robot to move around.  The first time it disappeared it randomly showed up again several minutes later.  The last 2 times it never came back.  Very frustrating in smp...   :(     Any way this can be fixed?  I'm running on 1.4.0.6-rc.1.

6 answers to this question

Have you tried following the robot around and watching for When it disappears? From how you written the post I'm presuming you ran a program that makes the robot move accordingly to the program and will go around then come back. If they Do keep coming back, either it's something with your program, or it's something to due with chunk loading.

Yes, all 3 times this has happened, the robot disappeared right in front of me.  It has happened while I've been testing my program so I've always followed the robot to make sure it goes where I expect it to.

Thanks, I'll talk to someone on IRC about it. Hopefully can get someone to take a look at it better than I can.

Here is a link to the Github issue Ender mentioned: https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/issues/637

this seems like a similar issue to issue #637 on github (tablet wont let me paste link)

Yeah, looks like pretty much the same thing.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like there has been a root cause or fix identified yet.    :(