english_interface.png

1) Install

0.7.1: http://pastebin.com/LPb4FEv4

0.7.0: http://pastebin.com/2kG4V3tB

0.6.0: http://pastebin.com/bR33cXDU

You can use internet card, and command:

pastebin get LPb4FEv4 holo

2) What do you need

a) Diamond Screen and Graphics card (for good resolution). Beginning from version 0.7.0 you can use a golden GPU card.

B) Diamond processor (just faster; before OC 1.4 it's not important) 

c) 2 Golden memory planks.

d) Internet card (to get program from pastebin)

e) Hologram projector (to preview your creation)

f) other parts, any levels

3) What can it do?

This is a simple tool for hologram edition, viewing, saving and distribution (as `*.3d` or `*.3dx` files).

You create hologram in layers. (48x32x48 voxels). You can switch between "Top", "Front" and "Side" projections. The editor can show additional layer as "ghost", for comparison between layers. By default this is layer "below" or "above" current.

Also the editor allow you to use some hotkeys: '~' '1' '2' '3' for eraser tool or brushes, 'Del' to clear layer.

3DX format is quite lightweight (around 1.4 kB for a complex model). Old 3D format is around 19kB per model, but is easier to parse.

4) What does this look like?

2014-11-11_19.31.53.pngapple.pngcake.pnggirl.png

5) I just want to show my model, do I need a full editor tool for this?

To "deploy" hologram (any computer, any components), you cant use small `show` tool:

0.7.1: http://pastebin.com/1iW9fX7i

0.7.0: http://pastebin.com/vvxKKGff

0.6.0: http://pastebin.com/ggwXr81P

pastebin get 1iW9fX7i show

Usage:

show filename[.3d/.3dx] [scale]

6) What do you think? :)

Thank you for posting this! It's a well made program as I described earlier in your previous screenshot post in the holograms discussion.
Great job on presentation and also great job on the design, I like it.

I'll try it out later once I setup my Minecraft install (too busy taking naps lately to do anything regarding that), also I'm interested in maybe utilizing some of your design patterns in developing some of my own software just because it looks good.

If you have Skype, I'd like to speak with you more and have you in my contacts.

This is really cool but the show and save functions dosent work. I don't know anything about coding but could you fix it or atleast get it to work with opencomputers version MC1.7.10-1.5.9.21

Hm.. Checked both on 1.5.12 and 1.5.9 (MC 1.7.10). I can not reproduce the error. All functions works fine.

Hi, just want to try it, but I cant get it to work. It wants load some file, but I dont have one, I want to create a new one, but it said something about byte error... Its possible? :o

You need to run `holo` program, then draw something on the grid, then input new file name in textbox, then click the `Save` button.

New file will be created in the same directory, where `holo` program lies.

Yeah, console interface (commands like `holo myholofile.3d`) would be nice for work, but is not yet available. =)

P.S. Also, `holo` is Hologram Editor here, not Hologram Viewer;)

sorry, it isn't this rotate, I would want that the program executes the hologram in continuous rotation

You could read the entire hologram into memory and write it back to the projector in a different rotation, but that would not be very fast. There's also no way to rotate holograms in anything except 90° angles, so a continuous rotation wouldn't look very nice anyway. ;)

I know it has been a while since anyone has posted, but I can't find an alternative and I am not smart enough to figure it out. I am trying to use the hologram editor/show programs, the editor is working fine, and the preview hologram button is working fine aswell, however saving, and showing, doesn't work. I'm not sure why but the editor program saves fine, and a file with the correct name is created, however the show program refuses to see the created file at all. Both holo and show are both located in the same directory (/home) , checking through my server, the file created does have data, so I'm totally perplexed... (I am using the 7,0 version *russian to see if the older english one wasnt working but they are both doing the same) 

15 hours ago, Crimsonknight3 said:

I am using the 7,0 version *russian to see if the older english one wasnt working but they are both doing the same

0.7 version includes a few improvements, but yeah, it pretty much does the same. =)

How do you specify the path to you model? `show` util is purely console, and basically it can be used like this:

show yourfile

You can try to use full path (/home/yourmodel) or relative (./yourmodel).

Also it is worth mentioning, that in last version (0.7.0) saved hologram files have a new (effectively compressed) format `*.3dx`. Pay attention to file extension, when spelling file name.

UPD.

I have updated the first post, and added new editor version (0.7.0) with English localization (translation is pretty raw, if you see any errors, feel free to write me about them =)).

Hologram Editor 0.7.0 (English)

Hologram Viewer 0.7.0 (English)

3 hours ago, MoonlightOwl said:

0.7 version includes a few improvements, but yeah, it pretty much does the same. =)

How do you specify the path to you model? `show` util is purely console, and basically it can be used like this:

show yourfile

You can try to use full path (/home/yourmodel) or relative (./yourmodel).

Also it is worth mentioning, that in last version (0.7.0) saved hologram files have a new (effectively compressed) format `*.3dx`. Pay attention to file extension, when spelling file name.

I tried show test / show test.3d / show test.3dx    I haven't tried the path though, Ill just start up the server, download the new english localization (THANK YOU >.<) and try again, not sure if its worth mentioning, but the editor itself also can't load the saved files stating "file not found", can I use the full path in the editor aswell when loading? 

Ill update this post after i've tested, Ill also try starting up a new singleplayer map and see if I get the same issues, I guess it's worth noting I am using the skyfactory 3 modpack 

[update] typing the full path does work, nothing else however, I took a few screenshots to show you. Also, when closing the editor, the screen isn't properly cleared, so the console's color gets changed and there is a large block of red left on the screen.

also, the ghost image doesn't appear to be working in version 0.7 

http://imgur.com/a/PKc2r

Thanks,

CK3

19 hours ago, Crimsonknight3 said:

[update] typing the full path does work, nothing else however, I took a few screenshots to show you. Also, when closing the editor, the screen isn't properly cleared, so the console's color gets changed and there is a large block of red left on the screen.

also, the ghost image doesn't appear to be working in version 0.7 

Wow. That's a nice bunch of bugs :D

I'll look at the code and try to fix them this evening. Thank you for the screens!