• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
TwoThe

Will there be an update to the wiki?

Because either I am completely missing something or it is heavily outdated.

Just started with OpenComputers and it took me a while to figure out why most of the documented functions just weren't working. Turned out the documentation is just plain wrong.

Example:

Wiki:

robot.forward()
Actually:

robot.move(sides.forward)
I don't mind the code update, but without a proper documentation there is hardly anyone going to use this mod.

Take care not to mix up the robot component with the robot library. What's documented on the wiki is the library, which is used like `robot.forward()`. It only wraps the component to make it nicer to work with. You can always also do `component.robot.move(sides.forward)`, if you really want to (or it makes some code easier to generify).

i've updated that page, TwoThe

http://ocdoc.cil.li/api:robot

i've added a paragraph at the top which goes some way to describing the difference... it's perhaps not as clear as it could be, but to make it any clearer it really would need a whole new page adding in the components section for the robot's lower level component api and linking to that instead... but that seems like overkill - and hopefully the way i've described the differences for the few cases i've detailed explains the other cases one might encounter.