• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
BasedPythonScrub

(GUI help) Nuclear Craft Sotware help

Question

Hello OC forums,

I am kind of a lua noob. I have had some coding experience but not with lua and little with OC so I need some help.

I am creating some software for a nuclear craft power point. I have researched the nuclear craft functions as well as got some help from another user regarding sending information across a network.

I need help putting together the software as well as wrapping my head round GUI APIs and usuage.

I don't want to use somebody elses, I woud like help making my own.

The reactor/computer setup comprises of:

5 reactors that have a computer each which all send their reactors information to a main computer that displays the graphics of the system onto a big screen.

Also, i've want my system to dynamically update in real time like using a loop.

The software is mainly just for looking at and getting information and not to control  the system.

I made a super rough design for what I want it to look like.

image.thumb.png.ea1642df9da2b59399a6c12b48bc872e.png

As for the coloured lines, they don't have to monitored as if a reactor is off, it's safe to assume no energy or bred fuel is coming out of it, so it could be ifelse(d) with the reactor on status.

Some of the GUI APIs i've tried but can't get to work include:

https://github.com/mcCURS0R/myOcPrograms/tree/master/curlib

https://github.com/kevinkk525/GUI

I was inspired by this video I found and would like a arbitary loading screen for aesthtetic reasons.

If someones willing to help me and be a bit of an advisor for the duration of the project reply or message me.

Many Thanks,

BPS

2 answers to this question

this is easy:

establish a loop
	establish an event handler for keys, screentouches or whatever
		establish a checkbox to choose the desired reactor
			check the values of the desired reactor and put it into a table like: reactor[1].output, ractor[1].heat or whatever
	show your data-table on your screen
	ask for additional keys like "EXIT" or something
end loop

or if I understood it right, regarding to your former question you would broadcast a modem message to every reactor computer with a trigger message for just one of them if you toggle the checkbox. Then the listening reactor computer would answer with a message that you would put into your data-table. Your event-handler would check for keys, screentouches and modem messages and would react to the specific "event"...

14 hours ago, zag kalidor said:

or if I understood it right, regarding to your former question you would broadcast a modem message to every reactor computer with a trigger message for just one of them if you toggle the checkbox. Then the listening reactor computer would answer with a message that you would put into your data-table. Your event-handler would check for keys, screentouches and modem messages and would react to the specific "event"...

My plan is to have every reactor/slave computer just constantly broadcasting the reactor info (e.g. Energy being produced) and have the main computer/the master recieve that information and display it as it's being recieved. :)