• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
bioscreeper

My server (Down)

Has the mods: OpenComputers1.8.0+9833087, OpenSecurity-1.0-93, Railcraft 12.0.0, Computronics 1.6.6, Mekanism 9.8.3.390, industrialcraft-2-2.8.222-ex112.

--Is currently down: I don't have a server anymore

Edited by bioscreeper
Server not running
8 hours ago, RoboticCube said:

I'm not gonna join the server, but you're missing key details:

the versions of the mods

and

the server IP

I know: My network has sevre firewalling and vlan setups. it's hosted on a potato too, but if you get the latest mods, you SHOULD be fine, bu the mod versions used are listed in the original post now.

7 hours ago, RoboticCube said:

Isn't the server IP only possible to be used when on your own computer or on LAN? we can't join you if your server doesn't have an actual domain.

Yeah. localhost can only be used if you are joining on the computer you are playing on. The 192.168.x.xxx is the ip that is used to connect on the LAN. A WAN IP is necessary to join a server over the internet, grabbable by searching My IP on google.

14 hours ago, cadergator10 said:

Yeah. localhost can only be used if you are joining on the computer you are playing on. The 192.168.x.xxx is the ip that is used to connect on the LAN. A WAN IP is necessary to join a server over the internet, grabbable by searching My IP on google.

Can you try to log in now? I set offline mode to false. Also, can you use a WAN IP to address a machine on your LAN network?

(I am modestly sure that our WiFi and Cat5e/6 are on different vlans)

On 5/23/2023 at 2:20 AM, bioscreeper said:

Can you try to log in now? I set offline mode to false. Also, can you use a WAN IP to address a machine on your LAN network?

(I am modestly sure that our WiFi and Cat5e/6 are on different vlans)

There is no way for me to connect to your server without the WAN IP. You provided the local IP (192.168.xxx.xxx) and it's also not an actual IP to connect to your server with. I would look up a tutorial on "setting up a dedicated server" and follow it through. A couple necessary things to do is to make sure the IP to the computer hosting the server is port forwarded in the router. Another note is your ISP may block certain ports, prohibiting hosting a server.

15 hours ago, bioscreeper said:

--IP address: 119.18.14.36 aparrently                                                  

Yeah thats a valid IP. I don't know if your server is offline atm or not, but it doesn't show up on https://mcsrvstat.us/server/119.18.14.36

Either something isn't port forwarded, firewalls not open on PC, different port than 25565, or possibly the ISP is blocking the port in most extreme case. I would try checking through all the possible snags and checking on the status checker to see if it's visible.