• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
cadergator10

Card Swipe Security database (Made specifically for SCP) (Updated and improved version of Dustpuppy's system)

New version: 

Hello! This is my security doorcontrol system I built. It used to be the code from Dustpuppy's program, but I learned off of it and built it up to be more advanced and better!

I moved to GitHub! All files can be found here

So backstory: I was getting into Open computers when I discovered the open security mod, but I didn't know lua. so I looked on this website and found Dustpuppy's program. It was perfect! But my needs grew, and I added on more functions to the cards (Armory access level, departments, goi and mtf buttons and such), and I even upgraded the actual door system. In total: this is what this new system supports:

• Two different card database types: One that works on normal open os, and a ported version for MineOS.
  • Settings for Staff, GOI, MTF, Level, Armory Level, Department, Blocked, Intercom, and Security
  • Two door control types: One is for a single door and supports normal redstone, rolldoor, bundled redstone, and doorcontrol, and a Multidoor, that can control any amount of doors from a single computer
  • An automatic setup command that works by running a pastebin command (will be down below)
  • Auto Update system! (you have to send a network message through another computer to update all doors. Prolly not necessary) update size has reached beyond limit to be able to send the update through the modem. You will have to do this manually with the autoinstaller autoupdate function, and manually with openos database and server. Mineos system has an update button in app store.
  • Easy setting edits: Autoinstaller has functions to let you edit, add, or remove doors as well as wipe all files and update the computer!

I will be making a full video tutorial series soon. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC492g_YuYcWKRIeQD3kqdQ">Channel is here</a>

----Server: This has to be running all the time, as it receives the door signals and tells them to open or not to. The server has to be on when editing card settings, or the server will not receive them. Needs a modem and an internet card to run, and a minimum of tier 2 computer.

----Database: This is where you edit the accounts and write the cards. There are 2 types, so make sure you choose the correct one!!! Requires a modem and card writer connected to it, and a tier 3 computer and highest specs if you can! I recommend putting MineOS one on a server rack with 4 tier 3.5 memory modules, but the OpenOS one is lighter.

OpenOS: You need to add both the openOSDatabase and the gui programs to the drive. This isn't updated much and might be broken (maybe) Name the GUI one gui.lua

MineOS: Much sleeker and faster and basically better in every way. The database is available in the AppStore of MineOS and installs all necessary dependencies for you, but if you do it manually, you will still have to install the serialization and the uuid library by user cadergator10 on there. Its just the OpenOS serialization and uuid libraries, but if you need it, it is available here.

----Door Control: All the doorcontrol scripts. Can be very low spec honestly, but at least one 3.5 tier ram is probably safe :) Requires a Modem, redstone tier 2 card, and internet card.

All you have to do is run the command "pastebin run X8M664ew" and follow the prompts. For multidoor, you will have to use an analyzer to copy the ids of the magstrip readers and rolldoor/doorcontrol blocks, while you dont with the single door one. However, if you want to look at the code, here are the dropbox links. HOWEVER, the programs do require a library to work, which the autorun command does for you, so I recommend just doing the above command.

----Autoinstaller: just follow the prompts to install! It's actually that simple! PLUS, it comes with more extra features than just that. You can update the door program, wipe all files, add more doors to a multidoor, delete a door from a multidoor, change settings of doors, and more!

If you want to use pastebin run command, do pastebin run X8M664ew

----NOT NECESSARY FOR PROGRAM TO WORK: Diagnostic tablet: a special program that works with the new admin card to get info about a door and it's settings and if it works. It is best used with a tablet that has a tier 3 gpu, a wireless modem, and an internet card. When the admin card is scanned, it sends all the info of the computer to the tablet. It's most noteable use is with the multidoor computer, as it tells you if that magnetic card reader is connected to a door, what the key of the door is (if you want to edit door settings after first set up) and more.

----ALSO NOT NECESSARY: Accelerated door setup program to put on a tablet. This helps accelerate multi-door setup time, as it is portable compared to moving back and forth between the pc and the door.

Thats it :) Please don't hesitate to ask any questions and report any bugs! Once again, thank you to @Dustpuppy for the base security program I built off of! You can check it out here:

Update to program: The cards now rely on a uuid to link the cards. Before it used the name. The issue with using the name is if you change it, the card becomes unusable. The uuid is uneditable, but you can reset the uuid by pressing the reset uuid button. This will give it a new one, rendering previous cards unusable. Also changed how it saves the users, which means that all user lists WILL have to be reset unfortunately :( This updated Every single program, so you will have to 1. pastebin get 0DC4wQVU on the server. 2. on a random seperate computer, run component.modem.broadcast(199,"updatedoors") (I think it works). and 3. do pastebin get YQEWNpg for openos database, or just update the mineos program. Edit: THE PROGRAM FOR MULTIDOORCONTROLLER IS TOO BIG TO SEND TO THE MULTIDOOR COMPUTERS! You have to update them manually (unless you up the packet size in config for modem)

Update: naming scheme swapped to 1.#.# and 2.#.# to accomodate for second revision of security database. 1.#.# is this version and will continue supporting the user list without reset. New 2.#.# is going to be fully modular, so you can set your own passes, level variables, groups, and more! It's working already and I just need a way to easilly add and remove variables without breaking anything :)

2021-10-13_10.23.51.png

2021-10-13_10.24.35.png

Edited by cadergator10
Added link to new version topic
On 9/5/2021 at 5:49 PM, BrisingrAerowing said:

Loading these files in VS Code shows a large number of syntax errors. I'm using the Lua Language server from sumneko. Some of these errors can be ignored (e.g. os.sleep isn't in base Lua), but a few break the code (e.g. line 129 of the multi door controller is missing quotes around the second io.open parameter).

The code uses the Open Computers serialization library. I'm not sure if there is a regular lua serialization library or not, but the code works in the game, so I'm not quite sure.

5 hours ago, BrisingrAerowing said:

I'm not talking about that. You have io.open with the second parameter not being in quotes, which breaks things as Lua thinks you're passing a variable.

local fill = io.open("doorSettings.txt", r)

The r needs quotes. Both door controller scripts have this issue.

Ah I see. Thank you for that! I wonder why it never errored

I updated the server to use a new system for saving the files, and a new way of checking the user! Before, it used the name. The problem with that is that if you change the name, you cant use the card anymore. Now, the card uses a UUID! It doesn't change unless you reset the uuid, which will give it a new uuid, rendering the old card useless. Way better over all. Also made it so if a user has the staff pass, it will let them in through ANY door. Also adding images rn

New update adds some personal features that will be disabled, but what it also adds is to the autoinstaller. There is a new program called "accelerated door setup" Basically, it is a program you have on your tablet with a wireless network card in it. When you run the door auto installer, if you are setting up for the first time, you can link it to an accelerated door setup tablet. When you do so, it shows a pin between 1000 and 9999, which you must enter on your setup tablet (link to it above) After a successful link, you should be able to do all the inputs from your tablet, which means more freedom and not having to constantly go between the pc and the door to get addresses. Another feature accelerated door setup does is add the ability to simply swipe your card in the magreader to register it to a door instead of entering the device's uuid. It only works with accelerated door setup however.

Other new updates to the Autoinstaller: the context menu. If you run the autoinstaller on a pc with door control files already on it, it brings up a context menu instead with 5 options: wipe files, add doors, remove a door, change a door, and update door.

Wipe all files deletes everything off the pc so you can reinstall that way.

Add doors is only for multi door control systems and allows you to add more doors onto the pc without having to reinstall and do the whole setup over again.

Remove a door is also only for multi door control systems and lets you remove a door by inputting the key of the door. Once again so you dont have to do it manually.

Change a door lets you edit the config for a single door system or for a specific door on a multi door control system.

Update door lets you update the door with any new updates I've done.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:48 PM, cadergator10 said:

New update adds some personal features that will be disabled, but what it also adds is to the autoinstaller. There is a new program called "accelerated door setup" Basically, it is a program you have on your tablet with a wireless network card in it. When you run the door auto installer, if you are setting up for the first time, you can link it to an accelerated door setup tablet. When you do so, it shows a pin between 1000 and 9999, which you must enter on your setup tablet (link to it above) After a successful link, you should be able to do all the inputs from your tablet, which means more freedom and not having to constantly go between the pc and the door to get addresses. Another feature accelerated door setup does is add the ability to simply swipe your card in the magreader to register it to a door instead of entering the device's uuid. It only works with accelerated door setup however.

Other new updates to the Autoinstaller: the context menu. If you run the autoinstaller on a pc with door control files already on it, it brings up a context menu instead with 5 options: wipe files, add doors, remove a door, change a door, and update door.

Wipe all files deletes everything off the pc so you can reinstall that way.

Add doors is only for multi door control systems and allows you to add more doors onto the pc without having to reinstall and do the whole setup over again.

Remove a door is also only for multi door control systems and lets you remove a door by inputting the key of the door. Once again so you dont have to do it manually.

Change a door lets you edit the config for a single door system or for a specific door on a multi door control system.

Update door lets you update the door with any new updates I've done.

latest update's autoinstaller has a mismatched parenthesis, fix is here https://pastebin.com/gC5UEKtF
pastebin run gC5UEKtF