• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
tt_thoma

Make a tutorial for builder

Question

Discovered the "builder disk", and I tried it for my little robot in my creative test world.

First, I tried to build an nbt file, but the robot just placed blocks randomly.

Then, I tried to find a tutorial, but nothing.

After that, I found an "example.plan" (/mnt/[insert disk name here]/usr/file and tried to build it; and it worked!

So I tried to do my plan. I was on the logic that the robot wanna place blocs if I set special numbers (for each slot) for them and I worked 1 hour to make it. Finally, I finished the file, which is very long btw for a simple house. I saved it, ran it with builder, and...

GOT A WALL

So I haven't been discouraged and tried to remove the letters (why did I type letters ??) and to change them by a zero, and still a wall (The robot is placing then breaking the blocks)

Finally, I searched again for a tutorial in the wiki of ComputerCraft and the official website, but nothing

If a moderator sees that, please don't ignore me. I just want a tutorial to use YOUR APP because there is no way to find how to use it correctly.

Edited by tt_thoma
Poor Grammar

1 answer to this question

Why are you looking in the wiki of CC when you're using OpenComputers? Also, there's documentation at https://ocdoc.cil.li/.

I don't think there is a tutorial for that, as OC doesn't do (official) tutorials, you're either supposed to look it up, or watch a tutorial. Also, if you're using CC when on the OC forum, go to the CC forum if there is one.

Also, that builder script isn't how you're supposed to do it. There's a robot API in the docs, to use it you just do

robot = require 'robot'

I haven't used that part of OC in a while though, so I might be off base. If I am, someone else correct me.

Edited by ThatCodingGuy53
Added a . where I missed one