• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sangar

OpenPrograms

There is a Github organization named OpenPrograms which a couple of us use to share our OpenComputers related programs. Feel free to have a look, you may find something useful there! If you wish to contribute / have a repository in that Organization, just ask - either here or on the IRC.

OpenPrograms on Github

The OpenPrograms program list

I recognize this website... It looks familiar, definitely...

Anyways: There is also a repository in the organization called "MiscPrograms" (https://github.com/OpenPrograms/MiscPrograms) where anyone may post his/her programs at, just fork the repository and make a pull request. If you have multiple or larger programs you want to dump onto OpenPrograms, just ask here or on IRC and I'll happily give you the ability to create your own repositories just for you on there. Noone in the team but you will be able to edit the files in your repos directly (unless you give them access), just via Pull Request, so it's like if you had the programs in a repository on your own account, just that all programs of the community are in the same, easy-to-browse-through place, which is the main purpse of OpenPrograms: A shared place where everyone may dump their OC programs, like a more organized and centralized version of a few hundred pastebin links. Also, feel free to fork and modify other people's programs there and make pull requests if you think you can improve them, that's, of course, possible, like with all other github repos. I'd be more than happy to see more people join the OpenPrograms team. Again, for only a few small programs, use the MiscPrograms repo, if you have many programs or just want to have easy and direct modification rights, request your own repo creation permissions. If you have that, you may create as many repos as you want, maybe one for your smaller programs and, if you have a large project, dedicate an own repo to it.

Sincerely,

Vexatos

[/wallOfText]

Hello. i'm starting to work more with this mod.. i'm writing an operating system with some kind of app store for it.. just for users to have a GUI interface (for people like my boyfriend who LOVE computers in minecraft.. but have no idea how the unixesque OpenOS works.) so, i'd like to play around and get together a graphical operating system that can run programs and stuff in the background and what not and upload it and have people test it and use it. :)

Would you mind making me a repo? I am working on a computercraft wrapper, it's "mostly" functional. I can run the shell, change directory, so on. I can even play the adventure game, but a bug with scrolling makes it glitchy after a short time. I'll probably end up putting my other OC related things in there too.

Would you mind making me a repo? I am working on a computercraft wrapper, it's "mostly" functional. I can run the shell, change directory, so on. I can even play the adventure game, but a bug with scrolling makes it glitchy after a short time. I'll probably end up putting my other OC related things in there too.

Sure, just give me your github username.

If only there was screenshots, I feel like that should be a requirement because installing something you don't know what look like and then you dislike how it is, it's like you wasted your time...

It's like if we wanted to buy an iPhone but there was iPhone 4 and up but all boxes were just, blank. That's how I feel like these forums are. Need more screenshots.

@Vexatos @Sangar

Hello! I would like to have a repository on OpenPrograms.

Here is the first program I wrote: https://pastebin.com/Xc3mg7Aw (Its a dialing program for RFTools dialing device. Its a teleporter controller!)

I spent many hours on it. I really love coding and will make more programs as fast as I can!

Opencomputers is my favorite mod! Thanks for putting all the hard work into it! :)

If I am missing any qualifications to have a repository then let me know!

BTW I'm new to Lua (But have coded in Java and also used GMS2) so my work might not be the most efficient!

Edited by EdTheDog
Forgot to add the @vexatos and @sangar!