• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Eunomiac

A Collection of Maybe-Bugs (with Pictures!)

Question

I've been playing with OpenComputers for some time now, and I've come across a few issues that I'm having trouble with.  I'm not sure if these are bugs (in which case I'll post them to the issue tracker; just let met know), or if they've been fixed in the most current version (I'm still on MC 1.7.2, running OC v. 1.3.1.260), or if they're just me derping :)

1) How to Turn Sounds Off Via Config?
I've set the "soundVolume" value to "0" in config/OpenComputers.cfg, on both client and server, and yet this doesn't seem to reduce or eliminate the grinding noise whenever my computers execute a command (or perhaps access a file via the filesystem API?).  Is this intended behavior?  Would switching over to Server Racks make for a silent computer?

2) Large Multiblock Screens Disassemble on Login; Breaking/Replacing Blocks Fixes It

I've increased the allowable size of multiblocks screens to 12x12 in the configs (server and client).  However, whenever I log in, my large 11x7 screen has fragmented into numerous smaller screens (shown below).  Breaking and replacing various screen blocks eventually "rebuilds" the screen to its full size, but it takes a bit of fiddling until the whole thing eventually snaps together:

3FauWae.jpg

3) Hologram RGB Values Randomly Reverse Themselves

I'm running the following code to set the palette of my (Tier 2) hologram (it's being used to present a 3D image of a fortress):

hologram.setPaletteColor(1, 0xFFFF99) -- pale-yellow (outer towers)
hologram.setPaletteColor(2, 0xFFFFFF) -- white (unused)
hologram.setPaletteColor(3, 0x777777) -- grey (walls)

Whenever I form the hologram, I randomly get either the desired pale-yellow towers, OR I get a pale-cyan instead.  I suspect "0xFFFF99" is being reversed, to  "0x99FFFF", which would explain the cyan color:

09giK4P.jpg

Hopefully I've given enough information to be helpful; if not, please let me know and I'll supply whatever is missing.  (And I'm sorry if I should have gone straight to the issue tracker with these, but given that I'm running a version behind and aren't entirely sure whether these have been fixed and/or are bugs at all, I thought I'd check here :) )

3 answers to this question

• Solution

1) Hmm, probably a missing check in that code, yeah, I'll look into it. Fixed.

2) Sortakinda seen this before, not sure why this happens (the connection-check should be triggered on init and run in the first update, and top-down first, so at least screens on top of each other should connect, but oh well). Will investigate when I have the time.

3) Yeah, I noticed the colors doing weird things myself, recently. Will look into it over the weekend probably. Some missing swap / one swap too many somewhere, probably (has to be swapped for internal storage for [real] GPU). Fixed.

Thanks!

Also, that build does indeed look pretty amazing :)

Sry for beeing offtopic, but your build looks just awesome. Just had to say this even though it's not helping. Sorry for that. I specially like the combination of the floor screen and hologram.

Thanks!  I'm working on a survival "build" map that, instead of having specific goals (like Skyblock) is more freeform---players find themselves in the ruins of a hexagon-shaped city named Hex (tres original, I know).  It's divided into six triangular districts, each with its own themes (high/low tech, magic, agriculture, etc.).  Working within a few creative constraints, they must define what each district looks like, and rebuild Hex.

The floor is inside a floating hub at the very center (the Hedron); it's actually a touch-screen linked to command blocks, that will teleport players to any of the six districts.  I'm definitely pushing OpenComputers in this build---there are four multiblock screens, all doing different things.

Here's a screenshot of the whole thing from above the Hedron (just because I feel like showing off ;) ):

bWS10vP.png