• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
OC Best fan ever

OC Programs - Share programs

Submit here  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want me to add a custom text editor?

2. 2. Do you want me to add guis? (Buttons, Interactive Desktop, etc.)

3. 3. Do you want me to add custom startup programs?

• Of Corse!
    • Yes!
    • Probably
    • Maybe yes... ?
    • Maybe no... ?
    • No...

Question

Well  i wanna make a program witch is a os that is more better than openos

So... i wanna say that i don't really know how to program so i need your help...

Questions of mine

How to make a startup screen? (Needed init.lua?)

How can i make startup programs/alias.
Can i use custom apis? Or just better ones?
Could i change the edit program? (How?)
How can i add buttons? (Guis, Desktops, etc.)
How can i make a installer?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please submit your answers in *Submit Here*
I hope you will enjoy my os.

images.png

still going on with the aternos server.
I buyed a server a long time but people still not buying for my stock so i needed to shutdown untill i make enough money to pay to the server.

Submit your vote!

Just now, Symbo said:

Questions of mine

How can i make startup screen? (Init.lua needed?)

How can i make startup programs/alias.
Can i use custom apis? Or just better ones?
Could i change the edit program? (How?)
How can i add buttons? (Guis, Desktops, etc.)
How can i make a installer?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help me with those questions please

17 answers to this question

• Solution

Well as you said you don't really know how to program, you must learn Lua before doing on OS. As there isn't any magical online OS generator. And honestly, before doing an OS, ask yourself what your OS would have as a plus compared to other OSes (OpenOS, MineOS, Fuchas, StattenOS, etc.) and of course let people looking the post know what your OS have as plus. Because for now, MineOS fits all your needs: GUI, Custom text editor (on the GUI), and custom startup programs (which can also be done on OpenOS). And if you fit that, learned Lua, then you can just take a look at the OpenComputers documentation, mostly in the Custom Operating Systems page which should help you for the start. Then you can look at Components and Lua Libraries which basically correspond at what is not provided (only) by OpenOS. Those should give you a pretty great start

5 minutes ago, Symbo said:

because i need to program it so i need to install openos open the disk /mnt/*DISKID/HDDID*
is more easier installing a openos and create ur own os but i could create a custom installer if you want like to press a button and instantly install

If you wanted to make your own OS, you should really make it in an external editor (Like ST3 or Notepad++) and download it to the computer, or, better yet, test it in an OpenComputers VM like ocvm (Linux) or OCEmu (basically any desktop OS afaict). Anyways, it would mean you wouldn't need to install OpenOS, you could just download your files to the HDD using the OpenOS boot floppy and reboot to it.

9 hours ago, Zen1th said:

Well as you said you don't really know how to program, you must learn Lua before doing on OS. As there isn't any magical online OS generator. And honestly, before doing an OS, ask yourself what your OS would have as a plus compared to other OSes (OpenOS, MineOS, Fuchas, StattenOS, etc.) and of course let people looking the post know what your OS have as plus. Because for now, MineOS fits all your needs: GUI, Custom text editor (on the GUI), and custom startup programs (which can also be done on OpenOS). And if you fit that, learned Lua, then you can just take a look at the OpenComputers documentation, mostly in the Custom Operating Systems page which should help you for the start. Then you can look at Components and Lua Libraries which basically correspond at what is not provided (only) by OpenOS. Those should give you a pretty great start

First of all i wanna make a simple developing os for easier programming, you can have like a custom programming gui, i don't know how to make a editor for it like MineOS does and also i know mineos for a long time but still. I just wanna develop them by just a install like on a disk code all the stuff i need then what the player gotta do

First

1. Install OpenOS (very easy just insert a openos operating system disk in the disk drive or rater that in your computer if you use a tier 3 or a creative case)
2. Install OPPM (Incase something goes wrong you can use OPPM to open the specified package so it can actualy resolve the ploblem)
3. Install the DEVOS (Includes LUA programming for beginners. Also is requierd like any computer a lua bios *This is optional for any computer*)

and thanks!

I really appriciate what people does like Zen1th helped me.
Well i wish i could give a bonus to Zen because he helped me a lot.
He deserves something like this for *FREE*

Also i will send him a pastebin on IRC (connect to #ocserver1)
DM me also you will get free OP @Zen1th

Thanks a lot of who helped me like Zen did.
Not like those that said... no. And they did not read that i already learned how to install a os and i just typed basicly to include the fact that i never learned the last few months. (I mean after 1 - 2 years of using it).

19 hours ago, Nexarius said:

That's not how any of this works.

You should go to wikipedia and first read what an operating system (OS) is and then you will understand that you didn't want to make an OS in the first place.

first of all your not my mom and ik what a os is. A os is what i use to chat right now! So please shut up and stop acting like my mom

Due to the fact that i really do not know how to program... i really want someone to teach me.
I am not a lazy guy to learn from youtube but i really don't like being alone and looking at a video that honestly in my mind makes no sense

Anyone that really wants to help me just go ahead and join this with oc on.
LuaMastersAPI1.aternos.me

I still wanna gather money for my server so this is why i use a free server hosting.
Join it and please teach me some lua apis and stuff

i know it uses direct lua but i want people to teach me. Is very boring to look at videos, who has this ploblem just ask someone to teach you. I reccoment a really good programmer (MasterPro, GoodProgrammer).

Replay to this in Quote so i can see.

3 hours ago, Symbo said:

first of all your not my mom and ik what a os is. A os is what i use to chat right now! So please shut up and stop acting like my mom

do you want to make an ass out or yourself? this is how you make an ass out of yourself.

Due to the fact that i really do not know how to program... i really want someone to teach me.
I am not a lazy guy to learn from youtube but i really don't like being alone and looking at a video that honestly in my mind makes no sense

Anyone that really wants to help me just go ahead and join this with oc on.
LuaMastersAPI1.aternos.me

I still wanna gather money for my server so this is why i use a free server hosting.
Join it and please teach me some lua apis and stuff

i know it uses direct lua but i want people to teach me. Is very boring to look at videos, who has this ploblem just ask someone to teach you. I reccoment a really good programmer (MasterPro, GoodProgrammer).

Replay to this in Quote so i can see.

Also, what? Like, what do you mean you want people to teach you but you don't want to look at videos? If videos are a problem, then google is your friend. Lua ain't too hard to learn.

also holy duck it's hard to decipher what the hell you're saying

On 8/21/2019 at 10:51 PM, Symbo said:

1. Install OpenOS (very easy just insert a openos operating system disk in the disk drive or rater that in your computer if you use a tier 3 or a creative case)
2. Install OPPM (Incase something goes wrong you can use OPPM to open the specified package so it can actualy resolve the ploblem)
3. Install the DEVOS (Includes LUA programming for beginners. Also is requierd like any computer a lua bios *This is optional for any computer*)

I thought you wanted to make your own OS (DEVOS). Why do you need to install OpenOS for that?

23 hours ago, Symbo said:

Thank you for clarifying that my guess of your knowledge about operating systems was correct.

26 minutes ago, Nexarius said:

I thought you wanted to make your own OS (DEVOS). Why do you need to install OpenOS for that?

Thank you for clarifying that my guess of your knowledge about operating systems was correct.

because i need to program it so i need to install openos open the disk /mnt/*DISKID/HDDID*
is more easier installing a openos and create ur own os but i could create a custom installer if you want like to press a button and instantly install

20 hours ago, AdorableCatgirl said:

do you want to make an ass out or yourself? this is how you make an ass out of yourself.

Also, what? Like, what do you mean you want people to teach you but you don't want to look at videos? If videos are a problem, then google is your friend. Lua ain't too hard to learn.

also holy duck it's hard to decipher what the hell you're saying

first of all stop comenting on my topic ur useless and you even like to yourself because you want likes also first of all the others are more useful then u.

Also skid i wanted to say someone not people stupid skid.
We don't forget of

34 minutes ago, Nexarius said:

First of all install OpenOS incase something happens in installation so you don't get instant BOSD

1 minute ago, Symbo said:

first of all stop comenting on my topic ur useless and you even like to yourself because you want likes also first of all the others are more useful then u.

Also skid i wanted to say someone not people stupid skid.
We don't forget of

First of all install OpenOS incase something happens in installation so you don't get instant BOSD

Ah, you're calling me a script kiddie. :P

I mean, I could help out if I could understand you better and if you understood what you're getting into if you want to make an OS.

3 minutes ago, AdorableCatgirl said:

If you wanted to make your own OS, you should really make it in an external editor (Like ST3 or Notepad++) and download it to the computer, or, better yet, test it in an OpenComputers VM like ocvm (Linux) or OCEmu (basically any desktop OS afaict). Anyways, it would mean you wouldn't need to install OpenOS, you could just download your files to the HDD using the OpenOS boot floppy and reboot to it.

can i get a link of a opencomputers emulator?

Just now, AdorableCatgirl said:

CC is a great place to start out with Minecraft computers, since you don't need to worry about a BIOS or OS.

first of all CC is ComputerCraft if CC was OC then i would quit lua forever dude... well cc and oc are good mods but if dan200 and sangar worked togheter then cc and oc will be in one mod and cc would be more better but dan200 decides what to do. Else... sangar will still make the newest videos.