• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Question

Hello.

I have recently decided to create an exploration drone which will scan the world using geolyzer and transfer data to the server via linked card (400 blocks range is not enough far for me). However, I have faced a major problem - linked card requires tier 3 slot. I was surprised even more when I have figured out that internet card, which is more powerful for my opinion, requires tier 2 slot.

And now I am really confused: Is there at least any job in which drones are better than robots?

Sorry for my English.

1 answer to this question

• Solution

Of course there is. Assembling a drone with a leash upgrade produces a drone that can transport cows, horses, sheeps, and pigs. Like this:

2014-12-28_11.13.44.png

Or... like this:

s2qlv2j.png

Besides, drones are entities. They move in straight lines; they don't get stuck in the fence and can actually enter a house through a door. They move pretty fast — about 6 blocks a second (robots are at least 2 times slower). Drone's movement is asynchronous, so the machine can execute some other code in the middle of the flight. Drones can fly above the block height limit. The screenshot above was made while enjoying the flight at a height of 260 blocks, for example. Oh, they can fly below the bedrock, too.

Also, drones look cool.

Jobs at which drones clearly outperform robots include player transportation (thanks to the leash upgrade) and item transportation (due to their mobility). And, if used with robots, drones can be useful for crop farming, autocrafting, and construction, for example.